Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Ram ECU BIN file

Yeah I pretty much figured that question would fall on deaf ears as how to read out the CM2200 and Cm2350's.
    No offense other EFILive, just would be nice to know what is needed for the cummins ecm's.
    Last edited by 30 RUM; April 29th, 2016 at 10:43 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    catman3126, let me just clear a few things up. EFILive does not own any of the Euro tuning software/hardware such as KTAG or Galletto etc, but it would be fair to assume the 'big tuners' as you put it do, they maybe have several versions, so why is that then turned back around to us providing them favours? Yes I know there is a $10K+ entry point to get some of that stuff but again that isn't our fault, it is also not our fault that Cummins and Bosch (LML) locked them down from being read out, that is just how it is and we too had to re-think the way things were done.
    We worked with a couple of the Euro tuners on the LML ECM to ensure the files read out using their JTAG hardware would work with EFILive, no individual favours were done there, everyone has the same opportunity.
    If you want to know how 'the big tuners' are doing their tunes outside EFILive, we don't know because that is their business, I am sure if I asked they wouldn't tell me either just like KFC wouldn't tell everyone the 12 secret herbs and spices.
    Ok this is simple then. What equipment or programs does your import feature work with? All or any that you know of. I know that you don't own any of the other equipment I've been aware of that for awhile. I bet I can find the post that said something to the effect "we have been asked not to divulge what software or equipment was used or can be used" by this we are given a feature that we aren't given any info as to what we can use to utilize it? I'm asking right now what does it take?
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    Ok this is simple then. What equipment or programs does your import feature work with?
    What we know is what is needed to be able to successfully flash the tunes via OBD-II, as long as your files have everything there then they will work with EFILive.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Hi guys ... I don't work with diesels at all ... but I find the tuning of these interesting. Here is a link to a YouTube video. Should give you some insight into what the tuners are up against with these ECMs.

https://www.google.com/url?url=https...KLZCvDi52CkH8w

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hi guys ... I don't work with diesels at all ... but I find the tuning of these interesting. Here is a link to a YouTube video. Should give you some insight into what the tuners are up against with these ECMs.
    Yes, this is all too common with European vehicles (this is also what MUST happen with the Dodge EcoDiesel ECM). Although Cummins and the LML are partially locked down it could be a lot worse as that video demonstrates when tuning via the CPU debug ports is the only option. This is what the Alientech type products are used for.
    I suspect for that market when the current generation ECM's are replaced the tuning game will end, the manufacturers know what gaps they left open now and they will be closed. Sure where there is a will there is a way but with serious computing power coming very cheap now there is no reason why they couldn't put on the fly decryption in the ECM's for all the maps, then that is it, hang up your boots and go home.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes, this is all too common with European vehicles (this is also what MUST happen with the Dodge EcoDiesel ECM). Although Cummins and the LML are partially locked down it could be a lot worse as that video demonstrates when tuning via the CPU debug ports is the only option. This is what the Alientech type products are used for.
    I suspect for that market when the current generation ECM's are replaced the tuning game will end, the manufacturers know what gaps they left open now and they will be closed. Sure where there is a will there is a way but with serious computing power coming very cheap now there is no reason why they couldn't put on the fly decryption in the ECM's for all the maps, then that is it, hang up your boots and go home.
    Stand Alone ECM's for off-road and performance will be the answer then.

Just like any other road block, if there is a market there will be a product, instead of playing in their sandbox, build your own sandbox to play in without all the nonsense.

The amount of tunable vehicles is massive, I still tune 2001 LB7's, they are 15 years old.

If we can just get Trump to dismantle green policies and the EPA completely then it will be a good day !!
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post

Just like any other road block, if there is a market there will be a product, instead of playing in their sandbox, build your own sandbox to play in without all the nonsense.

The amount of tunable vehicles is massive, I still tune 2001 LB7's, they are 15 years old.

If we can just get Trump to dismantle green policies and the EPA completely then it will be a good day !!
    That's no shit. Gotta get him in there first. I know where my vote will go but I have my doubts. Is there any options for aftermarket ecms now? Not much that I have seen
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

None that I know of, but if things keep going down a rathole then the aftermarket will respond.

The issue I see with the new ones is all the CAN Messaging issues on these newer LML's and Cummins, if the engine is not in a truck that needs all the messages then its a great platform.

The LML in my opinion has the most potential with the higher pressure piezio injectors, the response of the injectors and the processing power of the ecm is far and above anything else in the previous models, if the code could all be stripped out of the nonsense it would be far better.

LBZ code structure ( LESS ANY EMISSIONS CODE ) in an LML with a Fixed Vane charger pr VVT and no nonsense tables is a dream setup.

I still think LB7's make the most power than any other model, LBZ is probably the second highest HP/TQ Model.

I had both and have tuned tons of them and the LB7 is still my favorite, just the injectors suck.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Probably, but to develop an ECM that would run lets say a Cummins, FORD and GM Diesel as a 100% plug and play would cost maybe 10 - 15 Million only to have it made illegal for sale within the first 6 months, I doubt anyone would risk it.

Motec M1 can drive most diesel injectors and you can write your own code for it. Or take an OEM design and use it as a reference design. CM2350 has lots of grunt and flash space. The right team, and RTOS you would be good to go. It would take years to make all the truck accessories work going backwards but the engine side ( no emissions) could be done in a year or two.

All this is fantasy land theory BS anyhow. EFI crew has to play ball with the EPA to put bread on their table and not get the wrong people mad. You cant fault them for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast