Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 Ram ECU BIN file

Quote Originally Posted by MobileProg View Post
    All this is fantasy land theory BS anyhow. EFI crew has to play ball with the EPA to put bread on their table and not get the wrong people mad. You cant fault them for that.
    Thank you for this comment, I'm glad some people see how the real world works in 2016.

The CM2350 would be a great hardware platform to use but I wonder how deep the copyright problem would go with reusing portions of Cummins own code, as in the boot code and I/O code that sets up the actual hardware itself.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Not sure. I know a guy personally that has his own flash kernel for MPC5xxx devices. I think if you got Wind River Diab and VXworks you could go to town. MPC code plays nice in IDA between learning how it works and writing your own code it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileProg View Post
    I think if you got Wind River Diab and VXworks you could go to town.
    Then if you could do that you'd end up as senior programmer at Cummins without all the headaches
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default cm2250 conenction example

cm2200 is very similar, pay attention to oscillator your shorting, so far im reading it to back up the ecu just in case of failure, I use witech wit minivci pod2 to update ecu first just in case it was edited before by other tuners, (happened to me before and bricked up ecu) rest id done with efilive, some people r using cummins calterm to edit calibration settings and upload them back to ecu using engine bay diagnostic port, but theres same problem it cannot be read only programmed,
    btw I am very happy user of efilive, it deos everyth I want, I just wish for epa b gone spray
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by piciu82 View Post
    cm2200 is very similar, pay attention to oscillator your shorting, so far im reading it to back up the ecu just in case of failure, I use witech wit minivci pod2 to update ecu first just in case it was edited before by other tuners, (happened to me before and bricked up ecu) rest id done with efilive, some people r using cummins calterm to edit calibration settings and upload them back to ecu using engine bay diagnostic port, but theres same problem it cannot be read only programmed,
    btw I am very happy user of efilive, it deos everyth I want, I just wish for epa b gone spray
    Wonder if those points can be traced back to bootcfg0/1 ?
    Several oscillators. Without knowing the purpose its hard to know why they are jumping that.
    Did find bootcfg0/1. Thinking if one can tell CPU to boot from other location than normal you can then load custom code into that location and make it do your bidding.
    CM2200 Jtag
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JtagProper - Copy.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	939.2 KB 
ID:	19659
    Last edited by MobileProg; May 19th, 2016 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piciu82 View Post
    Hi guys, thats a ecu read of 2012 dodge ram with cm2200 ECU

p/n 5268444
    s/n 22486
    d/c 12/20/2011
    ESN 58098438
    E/C CM90017.03

now what I can use to edit it, calterm ??
    ECu got a Motorola MPC5556 MPU
    I read it using alientech KTAG
    Hey there! Can you post the connections to do it please? Right now I have 2 of this ECMs, and mostl likely one of them is NEW. The other one is a job but need to read it and I cant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123