Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gauges work during replay, but not during scan

Also, make sure you are using "Asynchronous 10fps" scan mode. You can selec the Scan mode to use in Properties window (Ctrl+Enter), on the [Logging] tab page in the "Scan mode:" section.

However, if you select more than 24 channels, EFILive will automatically drop down to Dynamic scan mode (usually about 6-9 frames per second).
    If you sleect more than 36 channels then EFILive will drop down to General scan mode, usually about 1-5 frames per second.

Is the "Asynchronous 10fps" scan mode faster and more accurate than the "Dynamic" mode with 24 channels? I always used dynamic mode in V6 and never experimented with anything else. I might want to change my selection with V7 since I keep my channels to 24 or less.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mnotx
    Is the "Asynchronous 10fps" scan mode faster and more accurate than the "Dynamic" mode with 24 channels? I always used dynamic mode in V6 and never experimented with anything else. I might want to change my selection with V7 since I keep my channels to 24 or less.
    See the graphs in Appendix E of ths Scan Tool manaual for scan mode speeds with varying numbers of channels selected.

Neither mode is more accurate. The difference, apart form speed, is this:

In 10fps mode, EFILive sends a single command to the PCM, the PCM then sends back to EFILive 10 frames of data per second without any further requests from EFILive.

In Dynamic mode, EFILive sends a command to the PCM and the PCM returns a single frame of data. EFILive must continually send commands to the PCM to receive each frame of data. With smaller frames (i.e. less channels) that process is faster than 10fps. With larger frames (i.e. more channels) that process is slower than 10fps. The crossover point is about 12 channels depending on the speed of your PC.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks, Paul!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12