Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calc.MAFT and odd results

Default Calc.MAFT and odd results

I went through the Calc.MAFT setup and have been using it to tune for my cam. Overall it's worked fairly well to get a general tune, but it seems like my commanded AFR is either off, or EFILive thinks that the actual AFR that my wideband is off (though the handheld is showing the proper value). Essentially, I will have areas, say low speed cruising, where the AFR is 13.5-14.0, and one spot right at 2000 RPMS where it goes super lean, 16.5-16.9. I will let Calc.MAFT do the logging and all, and the end result is 1.0, basically it thinks that the AFR reading is spot on.

I can fine tune it, but trying to do this on a cell by cell basis in the B0101 is tedious. Anything I might be missing? Keep in mind I literally have just started learning, so this is a step by step process for me.

Thanks in advance!

Post tune file and log files...

what year/model/vehicle...?
    what mods (and cam specs)...?

It might be easier to do Calc.VET.

Just curious, did it happen at 25 kpa?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post tune file and log files...

what year/model/vehicle...?
    what mods (and cam specs)...?

It might be easier to do Calc.VET.
    03 Honda S2000
    99-02 5.7 LS1
    TSP 228r Cam, 228/228 .600"/.600", 114 LSA
    Ported throttle body, LTs, ORX

Don't have any logs right now. I generally would drive around some, stop, get the data, paste and multiply, then clear the data and drive around some more. Rinse, repeat. I'll save a few logs on the next run.

Here is the current tune. I did the basic modifications from the idle thread to help get a steady idle, and I changed B0101 right around where the lean spike was happening to try and smooth that out since it was causing the car to stutter whenever it happened. Past that, it is all modifications from the Calc.MAFT.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5/Modified.ctz

My biggest concern is that, for example this morning, driving around on the interstate, 70-80mph, partial throttle (5-10%), not accelerating, just cruising, and I'm sitting at 13.0.

I could do the Calc.VET, though I would have to go about re-enabling/re-installing the MAF. Do you believe it would produce better results?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    Just curious, did it happen at 25 kpa?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Around the 25-35kpa range, yes.

25 - 35 KPA would see you in Vacuem (over run) so a lean spike in that range would normally equal either a manifold leak or DFCO left active (assuming nothing odd in the tune if course).

LS in an S2000 - Sweet! That must be a hoot :-)

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    25 - 35 KPA would see you in Vacuem (over run) so a lean spike in that range would normally equal either a manifold leak or DFCO left active (assuming nothing odd in the tune if course).

LS in an S2000 - Sweet! That must be a hoot :-)

Jim
    I haven't actually messed with anything regarding DFCO, so not sure. I could be mistaken on the kPA range, I was just going (off hand, right now) on where the odd spot in the B0101 map was (a large jump from the surrounding cells). I'm working on setting up CALC.VET to do some runs with it and see how it works out.

And yeah, it is quite fun

Post pics of your engine bay, I want to see the MAF plumbing and air filter arrangement.

LS1 in an S2000 it now has all of its cylinders

Lifetime Member

LOL.

Post pics of your engine bay, I want to see the MAF plumbing and air filter arrangement.
    Speed Density Setup
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1346.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	980.5 KB 
ID:	19566

MAF Setup
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1450.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	954.9 KB 
ID:	19567

I went with the SD setup because I was told that the 90* bend would be bad for performance overall. Eventual plan is to angle the radiator forward and run the intake over and in front of the rad with a 45* bend.

Also, the Calc.VET setup has worked much better. There are still a few areas where it *feels* like I might have a slight hiccup or so, but no KR readings. It feels nice and strong when I get on it, though I know that more power can be pulled out when I can take it to the tuner to get it on the dyno. I've also noticed that throttle response feels a sluggish compared to before.
    Last edited by tenpaiyomi; May 2nd, 2016 at 05:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast