Thread: LC-1 WB voltage Q?

Default LC-1 WB voltage Q?

This topic may have been done to death. I just started messing with my WB again, to try and get it to read the same as EFILive. I did some searching and found some old posts on what the voltages should be. But ive seen so much different stuff I dont know which direction to go now. What are the numbers I need to set this at? I wanna get to work with AutoVE.
    -Jared

EFILive-Dynatech-Corsa-AEM

The LC-1 afr/voltage table is here: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...ogOutTable.pdf Be sure to read their grounding notes.
    - Marshall | http://www.performancemotorsports.com | Dyno Dynamics in the house!

I don't think those are the default voltage/AFR's. That's just an example of what it would be if you programmed it that way. I believe the default programming starts at 0V=7.35AFR and 5V=22.39AFR.

What you need to do is reprogram the LC1 to output 2V (since this is where most of your readings will be close to). You do this by changing the LC1 to say 2V=7.35AFR and 2V=22.39AFR. Then, read the voltage in Flashscan. The difference in what you commanded (2V) vs what you read is your voltage offset . This is the number that you will use to create a custom .pid for your LC1 setup in Flashscan. The equation in Flashscan is set at ({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.35 and I believe you need it be (({EXT.AD1}-Voffset)*3)+7.35. So, if your offset is -.2V (.2V bellow commanded), you're effectively adding .2V back in to the EXT.AD1 (minus a negative = add) before it calculates the AFR by mulitplying by 3 and adding 7.35
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; April 7th, 2006 at 04:31 AM.

So i guess this is the wrong way to do it?http://68.178.219.18/tutorials/LC-1%...20Tutorial.pdf

Im gonna give this a shot.
    Last edited by 99Silver6.0; April 7th, 2006 at 03:48 PM.
    -Jared

EFILive-Dynatech-Corsa-AEM

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilverta
    So i guess this is the wrong way to do it?http://68.178.219.18/tutorials/LC-1%...20Tutorial.pdf
    That's one way to set up your LC1. It's not wrong. Just different. However, it doesn't take into consideration (at least not that I could find) voltage offset. It's fairly important to check because a .2v difference means ~.5AFR difference. Basically, you need to dial in your wideband before you dial in your tune. The whole wiring process and everything that's described in that .pdf (or however you decide to do it) should be done prior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    That's one way to set up your LC1. It's not wrong. Just different. However, it doesn't take into consideration (at least not that I could find) voltage offset. It's fairly important to check because a .2v difference means ~.5AFR difference. Basically, you need to dial in your wideband before you dial in your tune. The whole wiring process and everything that's described in that .pdf (or however you decide to do it) should be done prior to this.
    Hey thanks for you help, i'll give that a try.

Question

Does the green and white wire need to be grounded before connected into Flashcan. Please advise.

Thanks
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond2509
    Question

Does the green and white wire need to be grounded before connected into Flashcan. Please advise.

Thanks
    No, mine go straight to the FlashScan analog input or to the NBO2 connector's signal input.