Thread: Wideband 30-4100 analog logging setup for MAF using V2

Default Wideband 30-4100 analog logging setup for MAF using V2

Hi EFILive.

First impression for logging AFR Error%? well.. im 5 hours deep reading and searching... hope someone can help explain. I dont understand why this is so difficult, so It must be me missing something right in front my face.
    everyone keeps writing dump the .txt file in the C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration directory. Um ok, then what? Open up Scan 7.5 and? is there a 'IMPORT' button or ... Are we supposed to change the .txt extension to .pid ?

I am attempting to log %AFR error.

I have added the CALC_AFR_PLX1 , the AFRATIO_DMA, and the EXT.AD1 PIDS among some standard pids
    How do I log AFR % Error in a MAP (Table) ?

any help is greatly appreciated.

I have this...as a calc_pid.txt and put in that directory.. but I dont get how to GET or PLOT %error... How do I get CALC.BEN in EFILive SCAN?

Thanks
    Last edited by smithers; May 5th, 2016 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smithers View Post
    Hi EFILive.

First impression for logging AFR Error%? well.. im 5 hours deep reading and searching... hope someone can help explain. I dont understand why this is so difficult, so It must be me missing something right in front my face.
    everyone keeps writing dump the .txt file in the C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration directory.
    I don't understand what .txt file you're referring to...? Do you mean the calc_pids.txt file...? In this file you can custom tailor a suitable BEN pid for your situation.

Um ok, then what? Open up Scan 7.5 and? is there a 'IMPORT' button or ... Are we supposed to change the .txt extension to .pid ?

I am attempting to log %AFR error.
    Instead of % error, would you settle for a correct factor (multiplier)...?

So, a BEN pid is exactly that, a correction multiplier (i.e. you multiply the BEN into the MAF or VE table (whichever one you're correcting).

I have added the CALC_AFR_PLX1 , the AFRATIO_DMA, and the EXT.AD1 PIDS among some standard pids
    Which PCM or ECM do you have (which year/model/vehicle)...?

If you have an LS1 (Gen III) then simply log these pids:
    - CALC.AFR_PLX1
    - CALC.BEN_PLX1
    - EXT.AD1
    - GM.AFR

If you want to log GM.EQIVRATIO instead of GM.AFR, then we would edit your calc_pids.txt to create a BEN pid for this.

If you have an E38 (Gen IV) then log these pids:
    - CALC.AFR_PLX1
    - CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38
    - EXT.AD1
    - E38.AFRATIO_DMA

If you want to log SAE.LAMBDA instead of E38.AFRATIO_DMA, then we would edit your calc_pids.txt to create a BEN pid for that.

BTW: your AEM 30-4100 has serial comms output ability... if you use this we would make you a BEN pid for this.

How do I log AFR % Error in a MAP (Table) ?
    You would be logging a BEN pid (i.e. a correction multiplier) which depends on your ECM.

any help is greatly appreciated.

I have this...as a calc_pid.txt and put in that directory.. but I dont get how to GET or PLOT %error... How do I get CALC.BEN in EFILive SCAN?

Thanks
    Last edited by joecar; May 5th, 2016 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I don't understand what .txt file you're referring to...? Do you mean the calc_pids.txt file...? In this file you can custom tailor a suitable BEN pid for your situation.

Instead of % error, would you settle for a correct factor (multiplier)...?

So, a BEN pid is exactly that, a correction multiplier (i.e. you multiply the BEN into the MAF or VE table (whichever one you're correcting).

Which PCM or ECM do you have (which year/model/vehicle)...?

If you have an LS1 (Gen III) then simply log these pids:
    - CALC.AFR_PLX1
    - CALC.BEN_PLX1
    - EXT.AD1
    - GM.AFR

If you want to log GM.EQIVRATIO instead of GM.AFR, then we would edit your calc_pids.txt to create a BEN pid for this.

If you have an E38 (Gen IV) then log these pids:
    - CALC.AFR_PLX1
    - CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38
    - EXT.AD1
    - E38.AFRATIO_DMA

If you want to log SAE.LAMBDA instead of E38.AFRATIO_DMA, then we would edit your calc_pids.txt to create a BEN pid for that.

BTW: your AEM 30-4100 has serial comms output ability... if you use this we would make you a BEN pid for this.

You would be logging a BEN pid (i.e. a correction multiplier) which depends on your ECM.
    Joe, thanks for taking the time.
    Sorry, yes, the calc_pids.txt (ive been up for 22 hrs)
    E38
    I understand there is Serial RS232 ability... but dont have any RS232 cables layin around and also didnt expect that 5V would be difficult.
    Ok, so I was missing CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38.
    And correct me if Im wrong is that you are saying.. as is.. CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38 would plot (log) Air Fuel Ratio Correction multiplier (the BEN)?. However, this does not show up in the DATA parameter listbox in my MAP(table)

Data tab parameter list box: checkmark Names (immediately under the list box), then you should see CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38 in the list (a bit hard to see).

My apologies... the list populates when you close the MAP, save the PID, reopen the MAP.

Then, to help show what it going on, on each of the Data, Row, Col tabs checkmark Show Units.

If you're making a map to look like the MAF B5001 table, then note for the column axis you can use any logged pid, it does not matter which one (and you can see form Paste Labels that the column heading is ", Value" or similar).

Then, when you have logged data, on the map toolbar click n to see cell hit counts, click x-bar (i.e. x with bar over it) to see each cell's average data value (i.e. the value of CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38 in this case).

Also, you will need a filter to remove throttle/airflow transient data...

Do get some sleep, continue when you're awake, it's easier to remember all this stuff don't stay up just to learn this, we'll still be here tomorrow.

You have been very helpful.
    Correct, a filter was my next step.