Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: truck took vin lic but wont take full flash???

Angry truck took vin lic but wont take full flash???

customers truck took a vin lic with no issues even had customer pull radio fuse radio amp fuse and info fuse just as a safety. truck took vin lic with no issue..... goes to full flash the truck goes to down load then stops halfway and says no vin lic issued and customer shuts truck off and lets it rest for a few mins then goes to start it and truck does nothing? this is my second lly in a few years to be a total bitch on tunning..... need advice.... I even sent a file with the vats turned off and truck wont take it and now shows it didn't take the vin lic

it is currently setting $0333 security access denied ($33)

More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Error Codes pdf
    $0333

Security Access Denied

The controller has either not been successfully unlocked or has re-armed itself prior to FlashScan or AutoCal making a secure request.

When using V8 pass-thru reading and/or flashing, try selecting “Assume Lock may be Faulty” and “Try Alt Keys” and retry the operation. Contact EFILive if this error persists.

Default corruption

If you are not able to recover it, we have an inexpensive bench service that should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    customers truck took a vin lic with no issues even had customer pull radio fuse radio amp fuse and info fuse just as a safety. truck took vin lic with no issue..... goes to full flash the truck goes to down load then stops halfway and says no vin lic issued and customer shuts truck off and lets it rest for a few mins then goes to start it and truck does nothing? this is my second lly in a few years to be a total bitch on tunning..... need advice.... I even sent a file with the vats turned off and truck wont take it and now shows it didn't take the vin lic
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

customer ended up taking it to dealership to have it reflashed. I do have the ability to flash it like the dealership does but my midi is being repaired so couldn't do the dealership way on it. but my concern what could have tricked the truck into this problem and caused it not to crank at least. I have had two other trucks that did not wanna except the tunes. I just bring out midi and do factory reflash

killer bee well customer called me from the local dealership by him they told him the ecm is toast. but I located a used ecm out of a running truck. hopefully the dealership doesn't screw that one up. but if it is fired can it be recovered still

Lifetime Member

Just something to check, but look for a remote starter. My neighbors has an LLY with a remote start and it caused all kinds of issues.... even after pulling all the fuses ... My fix was to pull ECM and do a bench flash with EFI Live. No issues with doing it that way.

I am going to invest in the parts and module to bench harness tunning. since this truck has given me issues. and the funny thing is the dealership they took it too fried the used ecm I got for the customer.

Yep ran into something similar today also. Customer had remote start. We removed the box and truck too a flash without an issue. If anyone has part numbers to build a bench flash harness for each truck I would love to have it so I can build harnesses as well.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

LLY's have always been a pain to get to flash right, even GM's TIS system says you need to pull many fuses to make them flash. Bench flashing one should be 100% safe with no rouge modules interrupting the process.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast