Thread: Defuel Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Defuel Help

Any good advice on setting defuel to work better. I have multiple tunes that work well but defuel hard with stock defuel tables. If I modify either the TLIQ or Base Torque tables it still defuels more than I want. I don't expect perfect shifts like a th350 or anything like that. But it seems when I get it almost perfect then it shifts hard when downshifting coming to a stop. Most likely seeing less torque than expected. And if I ramp up the tables then I get the rpm flare on upshifts. I saw a post where a guy made a spreadsheet to compare TBIQ TLIQ and Base Torque. But it take forever to make right. Its all manual entry's and one number affects multiple cells. There has to be a somewhat easy way to make this work.

Post up the tune and I'll take a look at it.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

my tliq and base torque are back to stock again. I can get it close but I just wanted some tips to see what I am actually shooting for. I did notice that tliq seems to make the most drastic changes in defueling.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisF View Post
    I saw a post where a guy made a spreadsheet to compare TBIQ TLIQ and Base Torque. But it take forever to make right. Its all manual entry's and one number affects multiple cells. There has to be a somewhat easy way to make this work.
    That was likely me. Once you figure out what needs to be adjusted to make all three tables add up it is not that difficult. The spreadsheet really speeds it up for me. If want, post up the tune and I can do it for you.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires