Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 2016: EFILive Beta 3 Test Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default May 2016: EFILive Beta 3 Test Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this beta test release, you must update both software packages.
    Please use the latest Release Candidate version now available in this thread:
    https://forum.efilive.com/forumdispl...tallation-Help

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    At EFILive we have changed the way beta testing is conducted. The EFILive beta software is now available to all users. We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 306
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 297
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.100 (May 10, 2015
    )
    To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Last edited by cindy@efilive; June 7th, 2016 at 12:28 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

V8.2.2.297, BBX->F2: Scan. Loaded an old configuration file with multiple scan configs which all loaded successfully. Upon clicking the checkbox to deselect any except whichever selection is highlighted, if you select/deselect any other one it will make the corresponding action as well. I would expect it to not respond.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    V8.2.2.297, BBX->F2: Scan. Loaded an old configuration file with multiple scan configs which all loaded successfully. Upon clicking the checkbox to deselect any except #1 (2-x), #1 is deselected as well as the actual selected checkbox. It appears that whichever selection is highlighted, if you select/deselect any other one it will respond as well. I would expect it to not respond.
    When checking/unchecking a checkbox, the item you clicked and all other selected items are changed. If item #1 is selected and you select/unselect item #2 then item #2 and item #1 will be updated. If you only want to change the checkbox on a single item, then you must select that item first, then change the checkbox.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    When checking/unchecking a checkbox, the item you clicked and all other selected items are changed. If item #1 is selected and you select/unselect item #2 then item #2 and item #1 will be updated. If you only want to change the checkbox on a single item, then you must select that item first, then change the checkbox.

Regards
    Paul
    Got it, I find this a bit confusing personally but can work through it. I would expect only the checkbox clicked to respond, regardless of which one(s) are highlighted/selected. Figured I'd call it out, but if that's expected behavior then carry on.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Got it, I find this a bit confusing personally but can work through it. I would expect only the checkbox clicked to respond, regardless of which one(s) are highlighted/selected. Figured I'd call it out, but if that's expected behavior then carry on.
    I agree, it's not the best way to implement the checkboxes. It would probably be better to include the following options in the right-click context menu: "Check all selected items" and "Uncheck all selected items". Then if a checkbox is clicked directly, only that item's checkbox is changed. Would that make it more intuitive?

Regards
    Paul

... It would probably be better to include the following options in the right-click context menu: "Check all selected items" and "Uncheck all selected items". Then if a checkbox is clicked directly, only that item's checkbox is changed. Would that make it more intuitive?
    Yes, that would be more intuitive and match how checkbox should work... altho the two concepts of selecting and checkmarking working together can pose some interesting questions.
    Last edited by joecar; May 28th, 2016 at 06:32 AM.

when will V8 be fully functional for tune editing rather then have to switch between 7 & 8?

Lifetime Member

I agree, it's not the best way to implement the checkboxes. It would probably be better to include the following options in the right-click context menu: "Check all selected items" and "Uncheck all selected items". Then if a checkbox is clicked directly, only that item's checkbox is changed. Would that make it more intuitive?

Regards
    Paul
    Yes, think that would clear it up for most users and still provide an option to have the current functionality stay as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yes, that would be more intuitive and match how checkbox should work... altho the two concepts of selecting and checkmarking working together can pose some interesting questions.
    I agree, I was assuming that the selecting/highlighting was only to populate the bottom/right panes with PIDs.
    ~Erik~

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmotorsport View Post
    when will V8 be fully functional for tune editing rather then have to switch between 7 & 8?
    That is what is being worked on 90% of the time now. Currently we are working on a way to translate the existing V7 calibrations in to V8 because we just can't imagine having to remap every controller in to the new V8 format.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Cheers mate glad to hear that it's happening. I'm sure use will do a good job of it like the rest of the program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast