Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Migrate from HP tuners to EFI Live HSV VE 6.2L Heartbeat sc

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Typically the ECM gives you a 10-15 second window to rev up above 4000 rpm. It looks like you got the CASE relearn done.
    Found that I need to do lock/unlock sequence after a pcm flash so that engine remains running after re-start.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Odd.
    Yup, gave myself the placebo affect there, couple of early starts after flashes were a bit weird, tried the unlock/lock and appeared to work.
    So, now just flash in tune and all is good.

Making some good progress with help from behold, I'm up and driving on the road now with EFIlive doing the work !!!!.......
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    ATI damper, LS9 twin plate clutch, 548rwhp. twin PLX widebands to twin gauges.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.
    628rwhp.....with a lot of tuner help

I'm running a maffless tune in open loop, so trims off etc.
    I still see ltft numbers in the log file, can I be sure they are
    not actually doing anything all the time fuelstatus reports OL ?
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.

Rich,

Post your tune file, I'll check that all trimming is disabled.

BTW: mafless and trimless are othogonal, you can have one regardless of the other (i.e. there are 4 combinations)... sorry, I'm not trying to be pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by piatzseo View Post
    B

I was seeing ltft data in the logs, but since resetting all trims nothing comes up now which is good.

Question remains though, when there was data there, would it have influenced anything in the open loop tune ?

This is tricky... if it was open loop, any trims should not influence, but the trims would have been zero (since it's not correcting, it can't calculate the trims)...

Is the RAFIG process valid for my E38 ?, I had a look at the PDF guide but it mentions IAC pids.
    When I selected the Rafig calc pid and looked at details, it's looking for iac pids.

From this thread:- https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ed-a-COS/page2

As per Joecar reply :- MAF-less E38 runs from LO table (i.e. in presence of MAF DTC).

I had no idea this was the case, a slight revelation for me at least.
    Would it be possible the previous COS MAF-less HPtune would have worked the same way? Ie defaulted to use the Low Octane spark table ?
    In the HPtune, the low octane table is -3 degree across the board when compared to the high octane table.

Currently this is the same as my LO table.......so perhaps I could jack this up accross the board by 3deg ?

I'm running in closed loop now with fuel trims on ect.

When logging the wide band data with resultant CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38 , should I ignore all data recorded within CL or
    is this still valid ? ie the trim amounts are netted off first ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast