Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Migrate from HP tuners to EFI Live HSV VE 6.2L Heartbeat sc

If E38.AFRATIO does not log, then we'll have to create a BEN pid using SAE.LAMBDA instead of CALC.BEN_PLX1/2_E38.

Can you post the PLX user manual pdf here... I want to see what stoichAFR it assumes.

EDIT: I found it: SM-AFRGen2_user_guide.pdf

it uses 14.70.

Nice, it also has 0-1V narrowband output...!!

Can you post your current tune file and your stock tune file, please.

My confession right now is that I am still running the hptune.
    I'm trying to get as much info together and prepare for when I make the switch (big event for me if it happens )
    I've got books written by Greg Banish to get through, it's a reall steep curve, but very interesting. Have spent loads of time
    looking at the current tune in hptuners and comparing with how efilive does stuff, lots of data logging and a basic understanding
    where the hptune has let me down brings me to the conclusion to switch, especially with the forum support here and local support
    from ringram and a friend nearby who is way ahead of me with efilive.
    I do have a base tune in efilive format created for me by Patrick Guerra which I plan to load in to get me going, I've got to do at least this
    much on my own. It's getting the pids set up, and some maps for logging and then understand what to do with the results I want to do first.

I could post the current tune, but it's hptuners, and I could post up the efilive tunes, both the oe std one and PG one (provided I don't
    cause any problems posting what is effectively Patrick's tune here....? )
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    ATI damper, LS9 twin plate clutch, 548rwhp. twin PLX widebands to twin gauges.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.
    628rwhp.....with a lot of tuner help

No worrries, I understand, it is a big step, and tuning is a steep learning curve.

Yes, ringram is a good guy, he has some good EFILive knowledge.

Before you post a tuners work, you should get his permission.

I'm bilingual, I can view tune files in both EFILive and HPT (I downloaded their software and run it in demo mode).
    Last edited by joecar; June 6th, 2016 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    No worrries, I und
    I'm bilingual, I can view tune files in both EFILive and HPT (I downloaded their software and run it in demo mode).

Rich - There are a few of us in the UK :-) (Wokingham for me)
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post

Rich - There are a few of us in the UK :-) (Wokingham for me)
    Hi Jim, that's good to know, my mate Behold runs a procharger Ls1 gts in Headley just outside Basingstoke, suddenly the world got smaller

I'm in Farnborough, so actually not far either !
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    No worrries, I understand, it is a big step, and tuning is a steep learning curve.

Yes, ringram is a good guy, he has some good EFILive knowledge.

Before you post a tuners work, you should get his permission.

Still waiting for PG to get back to me, I can post the stock tune ok, PG version is not COS, but modified stock tune.
    Same rule applies to the current hp tune, even though I don't think much of it !

Stock tune:- www.lotuscarlton.co.uk/vxr8e38stock.ctd

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    Thanks for reply Joecar, So really it's just an information field and I should not worry about it. As an aside, I looked at the tune for std LSA engine which thinks it's compression ratio is 10.5:1 I should not be surprised to find odd errors.
    I just read in the user manual that if you want the VE table to display as percentage, it does use cylinder volume calibration B0104, so I will correct that field.....just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    I just read in the user manual that if you want the VE table to display as percentage, it does use cylinder volume calibration B0104, so I will correct that field for... just in case.
    You probably should enter the correct value there... even if you are going to use the much more convenient units g*K/kPa.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast