Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Migrate from HP tuners to EFI Live HSV VE 6.2L Heartbeat sc

Default Migrate from HP tuners to EFI Live HSV VE 6.2L Heartbeat sc

I currently have a HPtuners 2bar custom tune in my HSV and want to dump this for a EFIlive tune.
    The tune was effectively missing boost enrichment due to some very bad sensor settings, for example
    the MAP sensor is a 3bar unit, the scaler was set to a 2bar sensor. Somehow the tuner scaled the VVE
    and spark tables so they kind of work, but the the boost enrichment was left at 110kpa (just over atmos)
    which never arrives until realworld boost is around -6psi. Consequently I get a lean spike as I throttle on.
    Tuner is resistant to admit anything specific wrong with the tune, dispite a lot of data evidence.

So, now I want to progress into a EFIlive tune.

I'd like to keep all my questions and findings within this thread if that's ok......
    I am very new to tuning, wanted to get into it for years, so will no doubt have some dumb questions.

In gathering information and general research, I'm getting more questions than answers in trying to make sure all the
    sensor data ect is correct.

My first question concerns table B0104 which states cylinder volume 0.75 litre
    My engine is 6.2L so each cylinder is 0.775 litre, why the error ?
    Even the stock n/a tune states 0.75 Litre.
    Somebody suggested that it might just be an information field, but my thinking is why would GM have 2 fields
    contain the same data independantly....does not make sense.

The coefficients that sit behind the VVE table need cylinder volume within their calculations (i guess), does this come from table B0104 or somewhere else ?
    I may aswell get this little bit right from the off ?
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    ATI damper, LS9 twin plate clutch, 548rwhp. twin PLX widebands to twin gauges.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.
    628rwhp.....with a lot of tuner help

You might not have the correct tune in the ECM, if I open a HSV vs SS tune I see B0104 set to 0.775 and 0.75 respectively. Did you do the tuning yourself or did it go somewhere else? It could be someone just put in a 2bar OS they've done previously hoping it would work.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    The coefficients that sit behind the VVE table need cylinder volume within their calculations (i guess), does this come from table B0104 or somewhere else ?
    I may aswell get this little bit right from the off ?
    My understanding is that the VE coefficients are regardless of B0104... this is easy to test.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You might not have the correct tune in the ECM, if I open a HSV vs SS tune I see B0104 set to 0.775 and 0.75 respectively. Did you do the tuning yourself or did it go somewhere else? It could be someone just put in a 2bar OS they've done previously hoping it would work.
    Thanks for reply GMPX, current tune is the custom hptuners, created by a "pro" tuner, but even the stock tune I pulled before the work says 0.75 Litre, just find it strange that factory data is wrong......
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    My understanding is that the VE coefficients are regardless of B0104... this is easy to test.
    Thanks for reply Joecar, So really it's just an information field and I should not worry about it. As an aside, I looked at the tune for std LSA engine which thinks it's compression ratio is 10.5:1 I should not be surprised to find odd errors.

I've dug out the V2 flashscan and updated the firmware. Although the current tune is a 2bar custom HPtuners, I assume I can still use the
    flashscan to datalog and set up the analog inputs for the twin PLX widebands ?......ready for the switch to EFILive tune ?
    Stuggling with setting the pids up right now, I'll go look for a guide....

Yes, you can use FSV2 to datalog.

Altho you may not be doing Calc.VET, post #1 in this thread does show how to do some things: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

I've got to plug in 4x 5v analog inputs to the V2, question is, can I buy a single plug instead of the 4x seperates ?.
    Like the green plug I use for the hptuner logger....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi5vanalogs.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	19761

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    I've got to plug in 4x 5v analog inputs to the V2, question is, can I buy a single plug instead of the 4x seperates ?.
    Like the green plug I use for the hptuner logger....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi5vanalogs.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	19761

Thanks in advance
    Yes, there is a single plug available, let me see who still has some.

Also, FSV2 has serial comms support for some widebands, like the LC-1, see post #3 here: serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2

If you're located in Aus, you can maybe get one with cheaper shipping by contacting EFILive support.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast