Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor Controller Gauge

Hopefully I can also use them on my new Haltech Elites when i get around to replacing the ls1 ecu's. Feeding in can data would saving me some analog inputs.

Quick update for those waiting on this.

Initial testing with the re-flashed AEM 30-0333 and the new beta FlashScan v8 shows everything to be working, as designed. I was able to record several logs with the OBDII lambda data. Recorded data matches the gauge display to 0.001 lambda at the maximum sample rate.

If you would like to try, you will need the new beta EFILive software ( ver 8.2.3.305 ) and a re-flashed AEM 30-0333 wideband ( fw ver 1.13 ). I will be doing the re-flashes for the widebands, during the beta test period.

AEM 30-0333 controller auto-detected. Using the trans controller slot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	20216

Sensor drifting from Lambda 1.000 to free-air, in test chamber.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	20217

I sent you a pm the other week Mike. I would like to get a few more kits, so can either buy and get shipped to you or if you have good hook up price will paypay you direct.

I wouldn't mind sending you my existing 3 controllers to get updated also.

Lifetime Member

Great to hear! Do we just need to ship you the gauge to get reflashed or does anything else need to be included?

I'm sure you did, but did you try datalogging with an ECM connected as well? Or is that what you want us as beta testers to focus on?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Great to hear! Do we just need to ship you the gauge to get reflashed or does anything else need to be included?

I'm sure you did, but did you try datalogging with an ECM connected as well? Or is that what you want us as beta testers to focus on?
    I have successfully (as far as I can test on a bench) logged both an E38 and the AEM. But a real-world, in-car test would be good.
    The beta software should be available for others to test with in the next day or so.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'm new to all of this and looking to buy a wideband, if I purchase the AEM 30-0333, when the FCV2 software is updated to suit, will it just be a matter of plug and play or will the AEM need to be modified.
    Does anyone have a recommendation of where to buy from? I am in Australia but it seems most of this gear comes out of the States.
    I was looking at the AEM 30-0300 from Bellenger until I came across this thread.
    I will be using the wideband and FCV2 with an LS3 powered VFII Commodore.

I' m not sure, but I think you may be able to plug it into the OBD2 port, dr.mike can correct me...

so if you're doing engine dyno tuning (i.e. ECM is out of vehicle) you will have to do something about connecting the CAN lan/bus.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

[QUOTE=joecar;232666you will have to do something about connecting the CAN lan/bus.[/QUOTE]

The AEM comes with a "piggy back/pass-through" OBDII connector. So you can plug the AEM into the OBDII port, then plug FlashScan into the back of the AEM OBDII connector. It's very well done (in my opinion) and extremely easy to use.
    I can't tell you about which AEM/firmware combinations are compatible, Mike should be able to chime in on that.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hi all.

The 30-0333 firmware that is currently shipping does not have the mods that I made for the EFILive logging. I'm sure it will be updated, once the testing is complete. So, for now, the WBs will have to be sent in for re-flashing to work with FlashScan.

While either the 30-0300 or 30-0333 can be flashed with the new code, the 30-0333 is preferred because it includes the OBDII pass-thu connector cable. The 30-0300 would need to have its CAN lines wired into the OBDII connector.

Thanks for response guys.
    Dr.mike, are you employed by AEM? The reason I ask is that perhaps you could post when the 30-0333 has the new firmware so anyone needing one can purchase once it has been updated.
    I really like the idea of piggybacking the FCV2 and the AEM into the OBDII connector, nice and easy.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast