Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1/4 mile gains not what I was expecting

any update on this? did you add the timing and what did that do? it sure is nice to see a 40 hz logg.

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    any update on this? did you add the timing and what did that do? it sure is nice to see a 40 hz logg.
    Had to go and read through the thread again to remind myself where it all was a year ago. I didn't post back at the time because I was working to get pro-torque to replace the converter due to non-functioning lockup, and they did. I ended up with a 3200 stall, triple-disk carbon converter that is an absolute beast.

I don't remember what my time slips were, but somewhere in the 11.8 range. Now, this is with very gentle launches, as with this converter I'm incredibly traction limited on street tires.

Fast forward a few months and I had a lifter go bad on me, so we pulled the motor apart, replaced the lifters, went to an even more aggressive cam, and custom CNC ported LS3 heads. Car dynoed right at 500 RWHP on the same Superflow as the runs I posted initially. Now, I'm consistently running 11.75 passes on the same tires, with 1.8 60' times..so running those times with that slow of a 60' tells me that the car goes just fine.. Next upgrades will be drag radials for sure. I added a Tacoma to the garage so this is more of a plaything now, so if it's down for repairs for a while it's not the end of the world.

To to answer your question more directly, I did add timing and enrich slightly, and I did notice a performance difference. The state of the tune at that point I'm not sure, as it's a good bit different with the new heads.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234