Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bag of parts........

Default Bag of parts........

WELL GOT TO PICK A FEW OF YALLS BRAINS ON THIS ONE. Did a injector job on a lb7 with 30% injectors. truck ran great cool egts. two weeks of past customer now has us add the bag of parts to cp3 now running warm egts and smokey now. I got data logs of it. would it be the fuel pressure or injector pulse needing the change.

Lifetime Member

What parameters are you logging? Can you post it up?

I am doing rail and and injector pulse is what I am looking at.i do have the data log figuring out how to post it in here

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    I am doing rail and and injector pulse is what I am looking at.i do have the data log figuring out how to post it in here
    I haven't done anything in depth with an LB7 but does it offer FCA PIDs like duty% or amp?

Are you logging RP actual and RP desired as well?

TP, RPM, Coolant, Boost, Main timing, Pilot timing, Main qty, Pilot Qty, Main pulse, RP_A, RP_D, FCA% or amps. Need to see the whole picture to determine the cause of EGTs and smoke.

It could be the Bag of Parts agitating a timing vs qty issue (not saying there is infact an issue with the tune, but I've seen it). But if FCA is really low or erratic and RP is possibly overshooting the target. It would be an obvious CP3 issue.

There are many variables once hardparts get changed as we all know.

true on that. I know she is pissy about it

1st things first, how was desired vs actual rail before? Next how is it now? I don't remember the PID's right now, but there is one to watch for total fuel system flow(it is a hypothetical PID as it is impossible to measure total flow. Also log actual VS desired rail valve current. With the extra fuel, you're probably overshooting your rail pressure some, and it's slow to bring the pressure back down causing over fueling now.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

ok thefermanator. I watched the data log this morning and I can see the two pressures are running the same but I do notice a dip in the graph then comes back. I suspect like u said I am over shooting the fuel pressure in it. I do have the data logs if u wanna take a look. I do have the tune. just figuring up how to post them in hear

Lifetime Member

I haven't posted logs before but can't you just go to advanced reply and attach files there?

Lifetime Member

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Truck Automatic LB7 6.6 Litre.tun

This is just an attachment test LB7 stock file.

Lifetime Member

Sorry to keep spamming your thread.. What injectors are they and did they come with flow chart/stats for adjusting pulse width vs. volume?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast