Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A50 line pressure control

Default A50 line pressure control

Is the desired line pressure vs. commanded solenoid current table (or anything else related to line pressure control) planning on being released to the rest of us?

I understand if not, to protect other tuners'...but Im just curious if Im wasting my time trying to find it myself.

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Is the desired line pressure vs. commanded solenoid current table (or anything else related to line pressure control) planning on being released to the rest of us?

I understand if not, to protect other tuners'...but Im just curious if Im wasting my time trying to find it myself.

Ben
    Your message implies that EFILive offers 2 versions of software - one version that has these features and one version that does not.

I can assure you that isn't the case. The EFILive software is the same for every user.

Ross can't multi-task between controllers. It's impossible. A50 is scheduled to be looked at again, but it's not a critical priority for us given the time taken for feedback. To put that into perspective, A50 spent 3 months in beta. The week of the release was the first time that anyone indicated that what was available wasn't enough and some features didn't work as designed. That incident changed the entire beta process; where beta software is now available publicly.

Since that change in process....the most requested item for Cummins - 2011-16 transmission parameters were added. We've had feedback from 1 person. Go figure.

Cheers
    Cindy

It's that we KNOW the line pressure tables are available as a tuner out there has found them, and added them in to there tuning lineup. I just wished I knew more about disecting code and how to do this stuff as I wouldn't mind helping out if I could(I have alot of free time on my hands now taht I can no longer work), but I haven't found much info on how to do it, not to mention writing code isn't one of my strong suits.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Your message implies that EFILive offers 2 versions of software - one version that has these features and one version that does not.

I can assure you that isn't the case. The EFILive software is the same for every user.

Ross can't multi-task between controllers. It's impossible. A50 is scheduled to be looked at again, but it's not a critical priority for us given the time taken for feedback. To put that into perspective, A50 spent 3 months in beta. The week of the release was the first time that anyone indicated that what was available wasn't enough and some features didn't work as designed. That incident changed the entire beta process; where beta software is now available publicly.

Since that change in process....the most requested item for Cummins - 2011-16 transmission parameters were added. We've had feedback from 1 person. Go figure.

Cheers
    Cindy
    When it was released (A50 Support) back in December 2015/January 2016 many of us in that Beta Group, I assume were using it with much success, the reason why there was not a lot of feedback, again I am only assuming this, was because it was working correctly, one Beta tester had issues and one forum member did as well, they were not issues with the software but with how the tuning was being modified that caused the feedback to be incorrect as they work a bit differently than earlier A50/LMM Controllers do.

My "Hope" is A50 Pressure Controls and T87 Pressure Controls with Full Reading/Flashing Support is released ASAP, as the A50 and especially T87 tuning is of benefit to a much larger customer/tuner base than I assume the 68RFE will ever be.

Thank You for the A50 Support, hopeful that EFI-Live/Ross has this on his to do list sooner rather than later.

Enjoy the weekend
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

We've been pretty clear with our testers for many years that positive feedback is just as important as pointing out areas for further attention/enhancements. We are not mind readers. No news is an indication of lack of requirement or lack of use for a feature, not an indication everything is moving along perfectly.

I hope Ross will be back to A50 support soon too, but he's happily playing with a bunch of unsupported ECMs at the moment.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Cindy, I hope it is sooner rather than later myself. I beleive there are multiple areas that should be addressed when revisited. At that time I will certainly be giving as much feedback as I possibly can.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Way out of line Ben, we don't operate like that. Any additional tables the 'other' tuners are doing is via .cax and they have not shared ANY information with us.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Is there any kind of A50 or T87 trans update that is pending to be released ??

Or do you have a time frame when you may revisit this ??

Thanks
    www.mscservices.net

No I haven't worked on them, the 68RFE trans stuff had me tied up for a long time unfortunately. I may get our other cals guy to look at the A50 pressure stuff as he has almost finished on one of the gas ECM's.

Thank You !!
    www.mscservices.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast