Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: A50 line pressure control

  1. #11
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Ah, doesn't mean he will have any more luck than me Tony.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  2. #12
    Lifetime Member GMC-2002-Dmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ah, doesn't mean he will have any more luck than me Tony.
    I am sure you will have better luck than me finding it.

    I find all kinds of things, don't know what they do !!!
    www.ridgerunnerdieselperformance.com

    EMAIL ME

    Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.


  3. #13
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    344

    Default

    with PPEI releasing T87 tuning can we use the beta update to flash and read the T87 or do we just have to buy the built tune from PPEI? we must be able to flash it now atleast?
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

  4. #14
    Lifetime Member GMC-2002-Dmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    I think flashing was always possible, no editing was available and is still not available.

    I assume a T87 locking patch was in that update ??
    Last edited by GMC-2002-Dmax; June 8th, 2016 at 07:39 AM.
    www.ridgerunnerdieselperformance.com

    EMAIL ME

    Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.


  5. #15
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I think flashing was always possible, no editing was available and is still not available.
    Alright so we have to buy the tune already built? no way to get a stock tune to build ourself?
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

  6. #16
    Lifetime Member GMC-2002-Dmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    Alright so we have to buy the tune already built? no way to get a stock tune to build ourself?
    Yup, no mapping at all for T87 and no pressure controls mapped for either.........so yes, the only choice is buy a locked file from Kory, he is the only one that even has any tables mapped, EFI-Live does not yet, they did not have a chance to get back to A50 or even start T87 yet.
    www.ridgerunnerdieselperformance.com

    EMAIL ME

    Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.


  7. #17
    Lifetime Member Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    308

    Default

    HP Tuners have the T87 mapped out except for line pressure and shift times. I am not 100% sold on all the line pressure hype. Other than burnt tcc clutches how many 6 speed Allison do you see in limp mode. They do a good job protecting themselves. The ecm is in pretty good control of telling the tcm what to do as far as torque goes. I would be more happy being able to adjust shift times than line pressure.

  8. #18
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    HP Tuners have the T87 mapped out except for line pressure and shift times. I am not 100% sold on all the line pressure hype. Other than burnt tcc clutches how many 6 speed Allison do you see in limp mode. They do a good job protecting themselves. The ecm is in pretty good control of telling the tcm what to do as far as torque goes. I would be more happy being able to adjust shift times than line pressure.

    LOL well I know of two 15.5's that have done a limp mode. odd thing it was it was in 2nd gear on both of ours too.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

  9. #19
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    T87 reading and flashing has been in the software for a long time (since late 2014 to be exact).
    We also posted in the beta section a while ago some 'basic' mapping for the T87/Allison combination, but no pressure controls. It has never been included in a public release because the feedback was that it just wasn't comprehensive enough to be useful.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  10. #20
    Lifetime Member GMC-2002-Dmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    T87 reading and flashing has been in the software for a long time (since late 2014 to be exact).
    We also posted in the beta section a while ago some 'basic' mapping for the T87/Allison combination, but no pressure controls. It has never been included in a public release because the feedback was that it just wasn't comprehensive enough to be useful.
    Just tried to open a Allison 2015.5 file with the V7.5 Editor, message about unrecognized file.

    I skimmed Beta and did not find a beta calz. file for T87.

    Perhaps I just don't see it.
    www.ridgerunnerdieselperformance.com

    EMAIL ME

    Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. line pressure in efilive
    By Cool28 in forum 4speed RWD/FWD Transmission Tuning (incl T42)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 12th, 2012, 06:20 AM
  2. 4L80E line pressure
    By pullincrazy88 in forum 4speed RWD/FWD Transmission Tuning (incl T42)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM
  3. line pressure
    By dezzi in forum Allison 5 & 6 Speed
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 18th, 2010, 01:59 AM
  4. Problems with Line Pressure
    By goldbergv95 in forum 4speed RWD/FWD Transmission Tuning (incl T42)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 5th, 2009, 04:41 AM
  5. Line Pressure Oddity
    By arubenstein in forum 4speed RWD/FWD Transmission Tuning (incl T42)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: December 8th, 2008, 04:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •