Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need another license to go from eli live to hp tuners and back to efi live?

Pull the PCM out and look at the label on it, the Serial Number is printed on there under the bar code. If the number matches what is showing as the current serial number in the software then the PCM has been swapped.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi live screenshot.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	19854
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Connect your V2 to your PC, then in V8 S&T click on the Licenses button, then click on the VINs tab, and post a screenshot.
    So how many more licenses am I going to have to purchase for this PCM? I have tuned 4 vehicles with my efi live, my 2 duramax's, my camaro and my dads suburban, the only time the pcm has been removed from the camaro was when I had it flashed 2 weekends ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Pull the PCM out and look at the label on it, the Serial Number is printed on there under the bar code. If the number matches what is showing as the current serial number in the software then the PCM has been swapped.

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	809.1 KB 
ID:	19855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	782.4 KB 
ID:	19856

Here are the pics of the pcm. The hardware # matches whats in the tune. It looks like the cover has been taken off the pcm, I assume this is something EFI connection does to get the LSX pcm to work on LTX's. So is there something that EFI Connection or HP tuners did to the pcm to change the serial number, cause I know that this pcm hasn't been out of the car since I swapped to the 24x system.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Can you confirm why the PCM was opened by the tuner? If the main circuit board of the PCM was swapped out for a different one then basically it is a different PCM, just with the same aluminum enclosure. I'm not sure why the core would need to be swapped. Or maybe just the chip was replaced on the main board. Either of those things can cause the serial number to change.
    If you can please let me know the explanation your tuner gives you to explain why the serial number was changed then we will most likely replace the VIN license free of charge.

Contact me directly at paul@efilive.com if you'd prefer to continue this discussion privately.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Duramax View Post

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	809.1 KB 
ID:	19855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	782.4 KB 
ID:	19856

Here are the pics of the pcm. The hardware # matches whats in the tune. It looks like the cover has been taken off the pcm, I assume this is something EFI connection does to get the LSX pcm to work on LTX's. So is there something that EFI Connection or HP tuners did to the pcm to change the serial number, cause I know that this pcm hasn't been out of the car since I swapped to the 24x system.

You dont have to take the pcm about to make it work with Lt1's it's just changes in the tune. I use HPT and EFI both daily in vehicles and on my bench harness and flash the same pcm with both software's all the time. Whatever you have going on isnt from it being flashed with efi IMO. I wont go into detail about each software licensing strategies BUT will say with EFI you will very, very rarely ever have a license issue compared to HPT due to how HPT does licensing.

The first post shows it had a custom operating system. 2020005

If the ECU was not replaced, How did the tuner flash over it with HPT?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    The first post shows it had a custom operating system. 2020005

If the ECU was not replaced, How did the tuner flash over it with HPT?
    Good point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12