Thread: Lb7 timing tables

Default Lb7 timing tables

Can someone explain the timing tables to me. -45 to 45 on base timing. And -45 to 45 on timing after main pulse. Let's say for example there is a 10 in both cells. Does that mean the pilot gets injected 10btdc and then 10 degrees later the main pulse gets injected. Which would mean main pulse gets injected at 0 btdc. For some reason I can get my head wrapped around these. I'm use to gas ignition timing and for some reason the efi live descriptions confuse me

For LB7 the main injection timing tables is what teh table says, then the pilot tables is how far before the main injection.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Read below please
    Last edited by TravisF; June 6th, 2016 at 10:20 PM.

Ok answer this and it should clear it up for me. For example

Ignition timing base C B0910 0throttle 2400rpm = 8 degrees
    Ignition timing after pilot D B0929 0throttle 2400rpm = 9 degrees

Answer this in crank rotation BTDC and ATDC when is pilot and when is main injection with my above example.

The way EFI Live is worded this would make pilot 8degrees BTDC and main would be 1degree ATDC

Quote Originally Posted by TravisF View Post
    Ok answer this and it should clear it up for me. For example

Ignition timing base C B0910 0throttle 2400rpm = 8 degrees
    Ignition timing after pilot D B0929 0throttle 2400rpm = 9 degrees

Answer this in crank rotation BTDC and ATDC when is pilot and when is main injection with my above example.

The way EFI Live is worded this would make pilot 8degrees BTDC and main would be 1degree ATDC
    The main shot will be at 8 degrees, the pilot shot will be at 17 degrees. The timing for the main injection will always follow the appropriate timing table and limiter/modifier, then pilot timing is ADDED to that.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Thank you. Right before you posted I found out the hard way by putting a 45 in my idle table and then going back in and putting a -45 in to see what was actually happening. Thank you though

Is there anything else in the lb7 tables to be aware of that the descriptions are incorrect. Like how tables b and d are reversed in the al5 shift pararameters. Anything else to be aware of that are opposite or incorrect.