Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
who wouldn't if they could it's not always that easy in the real world
For an enthusiast, I agree - such things are cost prohibitive. For a savvy business owner, these additional tools can increase product quality, and even reduce costs in the long run (by saving time).

A yearly SPS programming subscription translates into about $85 per month. A DrewTech Mongoose cable is about $500 (a one time cost) - for use with the SPS subscription. You can find even lower cost cable options if you look - if you are OK with the functionality tradeoffs.

I operate a small business. It is based on ultra high quality products, mainly for high end projects. Time is something that I never have enough of - if a tool can save me time, then I will give its purchase serious consideration.

I own a Tech 2, and an MDI, and a DrewTech Mongoose - and I use them all.

You mentioned having tuned 400 vehicles - if this is true, then you are at a level where you really should consider expanding your toolbox. If you have lost a day or two on this project alone (the 2013 ZL1) - that lost time would pay for an SPS subscription for an entire year.

Just something to think about ... I cannot imagine trying to do what I do, without these tools.