Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting Checksum failure.

Lifetime Member

Default getting Checksum failure.

looks like the diablosport tuner problem,the beta sight will not come up so i am stuck with a no start car any idea
    Hear is the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

June 2016 Release Candidate 1 will not work I am stuck with a no start condition

Where/when are you getting the checksum failure...?

Post tune file and screenshots.

Lifetime Member

At the end of the flash,I posted the tune,it had a trinity on it before sure wish I new this was a problem,left me in a bad position,not sure how to do a screen shot of it

See post #1 here: Hosting-an-Image

Lifetime Member

Default screen shot

ok tune file and first screen shot try
    http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...sum%20fail.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

The new B9999 Checksum fix (found in the red OS patch folder) does not appear to have been added to the E67 or E38 calibrations yet (at least not any that I checked). So, it is not available to help with your 2013 ZL1.

Looks like Diablo (and others) manipulate a piece of 16 bit data, to end up with the original (now fraudulent) calculated CVN.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    The new B9999 Checksum fix (found in the red OS patch folder) does not appear to have been added to the E67 or E38 calibrations yet (at least not any that I checked). So, it is not available to help with your 2013 ZL1.

Looks like Diablo (and others) manipulate a piece of 16 bit data, to end up with the original (now fraudulent) calculated CVN.
    reflashing a computer is fraudulent .
    I have never had this happen out of 400 cars I have done It always happens to be under one of the worse conditions.
    I had seen some post from 14 where there was talk about fixing the problem .cost me a lot of time and money this weekend
    shit happens in the computer tuning world just hard to explain to a customers
    Hopefully there is a fix soon sure do not want to worry about tuning cars because it might have been tune with a cvn reset tuner

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
    reflashing a computer is fraudulent
    Only if the vehicle is under warranty, or if the programming voids emissions regulations - other than those two caveats, tuning your vehicle is OK.

I have never had this happen out of 400 cars I have done It always happens to be under one of the worse conditions.
    I had seen some post from 14 where there was talk about fixing the problem .cost me a lot of time and money this weekend
    When other people cheat (which is what fudging the CVN amounts to), it costs us all.

Hopefully there is a fix soon sure do not want to worry about tuning cars because it might have been tune with a cvn reset tuner
    The problem with generating a "fix", is similar to that faced by antivirus software companies - the fix has to be customized to the individual issue. Hence, never ending antivirus software updates. The same goes for the good folks at EFILive. The new B9999 Checksum fix parameter targets a known issue. As other tuning companies continue to "cheat", this will require ongoing "fixes".

My two cents .... I always start with the most current calibration via a reflash with a Tech 2 / MDI / etc. I then tune from this clean sheet.

Lifetime Member

My two cents .... I always start with the most current calibration via a reflash with a Tech 2 / MDI / etc. I then tune from this clean sheet

who wouldn't if they could it's not always that easy in the real world

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast