Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting Checksum failure.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
    who wouldn't if they could it's not always that easy in the real world
    For an enthusiast, I agree - such things are cost prohibitive. For a savvy business owner, these additional tools can increase product quality, and even reduce costs in the long run (by saving time).

A yearly SPS programming subscription translates into about $85 per month. A DrewTech Mongoose cable is about $500 (a one time cost) - for use with the SPS subscription. You can find even lower cost cable options if you look - if you are OK with the functionality tradeoffs.

I operate a small business. It is based on ultra high quality products, mainly for high end projects. Time is something that I never have enough of - if a tool can save me time, then I will give its purchase serious consideration.

I own a Tech 2, and an MDI, and a DrewTech Mongoose - and I use them all.

You mentioned having tuned 400 vehicles - if this is true, then you are at a level where you really should consider expanding your toolbox. If you have lost a day or two on this project alone (the 2013 ZL1) - that lost time would pay for an SPS subscription for an entire year.

Just something to think about ... I cannot imagine trying to do what I do, without these tools.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    For an enthusiast, I agree - such things are cost prohibitive. For a savvy business owner, these additional tools can increase product quality, and even reduce costs in the long run (by saving time).

A yearly SPS programming subscription translates into about $85 per month. A DrewTech Mongoose cable is about $500 (a one time cost) - for use with the SPS subscription. You can find even lower cost cable options if you look - if you are OK with the functionality tradeoffs.

I operate a small business. It is based on ultra high quality products, mainly for high end projects. Time is something that I never have enough of - if a tool can save me time, then I will give its purchase serious consideration.

I own a Tech 2, and an MDI, and a DrewTech Mongoose - and I use them all.

You mentioned having tuned 400 vehicles - if this is true, then you are at a level where you really should consider expanding your toolbox. If you have lost a day or two on this project alone (the 2013 ZL1) - that lost time would pay for an SPS subscription for an entire year.

Just something to think about ... I cannot imagine trying to do what I do, without these tools.
    I have never lost a ecm with efilive but have a ls1 ecm from a local auto repair shop who was using a TECH 2 or MDI and toasted it. Thinking maybe I could save it he dropped it off to me.I could not even bench flash it.

I see your point though I try to find or down load stock tunes off holtcrazy or some where to compare so I know its not a basket tune before (I start been down that road )

I was trying to do what the customer requested base pulls with his tuner then tune him up from there
    After doing a read his wot very rich so I was like lets put it back to stock he was like just change over it ( he did not want to spend the time doing it)so I was thinking ok
    we can tune it up ,get it off the dyno ,then I can put the org read into the ecm , he can change it to org tune ,then I can flash the dyno tune into it

There was a couple cars I have done with tuners on with out the checksum $06ff err
    I am hoping they can fix the file, looks like it has happen before

Lifetime Member

HE did also change gears to 3.73 maybe some thing cause the problem on how he corrected it with diablosport
    I read a post where speedo setting can cause problems, I need a stock zl1 a 6 tune to look at

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12