Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2016 Release Candidate 2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default June 2016 Release Candidate 2

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in Release Candidate 2, you should download and install both V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installation, you should have the following software, boot block and firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 308 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 301 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014
    ) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    Firmware: V2.07.101 (June 06, 2015
    ) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue 3:
    The V8 software shows the checksum as incorrect for some CME tune files even when the checksum is correct.
    Workaround:
    Fixed in V8 RC2 Update 1.

Issue 4:
    When an LMM tune file with operating system 12620015 is loaded into V7.5 no calibrations are available.
    Workaround:
    Download the attached 12620015.calz file and save it into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35, overwrite the existing file, you may need admin privileges to overwrite the existing file.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; March 5th, 2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Software in first post has now been updated.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Software in first post has now been updated.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thanks for the heads up.

I received this error when I was trying to open BBX on an Autocal for a customer using RC2. Have not come across this one before. Have uninstalled, downloaded new copy and reinstalled RC2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFLive Error.PNG 
Views:	312 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	19921  

Quote Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post
    I received this error when I was trying to open BBX on an Autocal for a customer using RC2. Have not come across this one before. Have uninstalled, downloaded new copy and reinstalled RC2.
    That error occurs when you have a non *.bbx file that has been saved (or renamed) with a *.bbx extension. True *.bbx files contain multiple config files. If any file is named with a *.bbx extension that does not have all the required config files inside it, then you will see that error.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That error occurs when you have a non *.bbx file that has been saved (or renamed) with a *.bbx extension. True *.bbx files contain multiple config files. If any file is named with a *.bbx extension that does not have all the required config files inside it, then you will see that error.

Regards
    Paul
    It throws that error before I am able to select a bbx file.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post
    It throws that error before I am able to select a bbx file.
    If the most recently used BBX config file has mistakenly/accidentally got a *.bbx extension then, when EFILive automatically tries to load that config file when you open the BBX window, it sees the *.bbx extension and attempts to load it as a bbx multi stream file instead.

Close all EFILive software and open the file:\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini using Notepad.
    Look for the section [MRU Files] and the key "Options". That is the file that is automatically loaded when you open the BBX window. If that file name ends with *.bbx then that is why you see the error.
    Remove that line from the *.ini file using Notepad then re-save the ini file.
    Restart the EFILive software.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If the most recently used BBX config file has mistakenly/accidentally got a *.bbx extension then, when EFILive automatically tries to load that config file when you open the BBX window, it sees the *.bbx extension and attempts to load it as a bbx multi stream file instead.

Close all EFILive software and open the file:\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini using Notepad.
    Look for the section [MRU Files] and the key "Options". That is the file that is automatically loaded when you open the BBX window. If that file name ends with *.bbx then that is why you see the error.
    Remove that line from the *.ini file using Notepad then re-save the ini file.
    Restart the EFILive software.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul, I will take a look.

Hello Paul

I have some problems running the EFI Live tune tool. I run windows in VMware, but I have never experienced problems running programs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2016-06-23 kl. 10.57.55.png 
Views:	311 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	19931  
    Last edited by EspenT; June 22nd, 2016 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EspenT View Post
    Hello Paul

I have some problems running the EFI Live tune tool. I run windows in VMware, but I have never experienced problems running programs.

a "touch calc_pids.txt" from bash crated a empty file and that seems to do the trick Is that file missing in the installer? Does it contain important data?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast