Thread: Hosted Windows XP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hosted Windows XP

I see this is an old question and have been watching while I waited, and waited...

Progress is here for me at least and after a month of learning and breaking I have success.

I have a working VM under debian with a heavily customized XP Pro SP3. While I could put out pages of details, for this forum the point is my V2 is fully functional with its own usb3 ports and dual 40" HD screen layout.

Anybody need specifics, I'll try, I'm really a month old on linix and a year old on android and NT pro for decades. I may do some exploring in Wine under Zorin using the same hardware to compete with the XP's, but that's extra torture (and nested), since all my goals with this new build are satisfied. To the android people, leave it for what it's good at, and with an andoid x86 VM running along side any others, it is all available. For laptops, if you exceed the requirements for decent XP (dualcore+ w/ >4GiB mem) and have two or more usb chip flavors, not just ports, this method should be useable also.

Depending on the specifics of the computer, we are now at the point where the hardware and performance is superior to what is available natively. Mine swears it's a 440FX with dual quad Xeons and USB3, imagine that.

Clark

Clark, thanks for posting.