Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Smokeless Crusade

And if you have any datalogs, post them up

Got your tune and gave it a try. First i'll say that it's very smooth, and throttle response is crazy good. Unfortunately, it's definitely still smoking. Less than the Gift Tune, but more than stock.

At this point i'm starting to think I may have just gotten a dirty nozzle hone. So if i'm not commanding too much fuel and it's just not being burned efficiently, the question is can I do anything about it. Maybe work on the pilot?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2006 5.9 CRD Quad Cab 2wd Manual - 60hp honed nozzles, stock everything else, gauges w/EGT

I didnt see anything obviously wrong with the log. Rail looks happy, timing isn't really too high. Other things like baro and temps are normal. I would suspect something is wrong with the injectors. Could they have put the wrong nozzles on? This article kinda explains.

http://www.engineered-diesel.com/blo...-not-the-same/

EDIT: Wait you said that you just got them honed, so never mind.

Yeah I'd read about that and dismissed it, but now that I think of it they said that if I ever replaced the original 3 injectors that the nozzles wouldn't fit new refurbs, that i'd have to re-hone the new ones. Something about being able to swap nozzles one direction, but not the other? I don't recall exactly - but the new part numbers correspond to 04.5+ so I would think they should have the correct spray pattern.

I went ahead and attached my flow tests, before and after the hone. I didn't include the injectors we scrapped. Flow increase is right around 20%.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trumpetrhapsody; June 17th, 2016 at 08:17 AM.
    2006 5.9 CRD Quad Cab 2wd Manual - 60hp honed nozzles, stock everything else, gauges w/EGT

One thing that you might try is to increase rail pressure on the lower end. If you send that file back to me I've got a rail map that I use on my truck with the 220ddp's that helped clean up the low boost smoke a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12