Thread: 2007 E67 with TH350 trans

Default 2007 E67 with TH350 trans

Newbie to the factory GM computer world, building a drag race truck and trying to run an E67 TBSS computer with the factory pedal and throttle body with a TH350 trans. I usually use Holley injection but wanted to keep DBW and not buy the Dominator.
    Will an E67 run truly standalone without a TCM like this harness is wired? If so what do I need to change in the tune? It has no VSS signal currently and has a "lost connection with TCM" code. Truck runs fine but won't rev past 4K rpm. I'm assuming it's wanting input shaft speed and gear selection.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help!

Lifetime Member

Post your tune ... will try and take a look at what has been done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Post your tune ... will try and take a look at what has been done so far.
    Thanks a ton, I'm out of things to try.

E67start.ctz

Lifetime Member

OK …. Took a look at your tune. It is essentially a stock 2007 TBSS tune (with a 2008 VIN). Not sure if you purchased this ECM with the “standalone” wiring harness – but nothing has been done to make it compatible with a TH350 automatic transmission.

If you purchased this ECM from a tuner or wiring harness manufacturer, I would contact them and get them to send you another ECM (properly setup this time) - or ask for a refund.

I purchased the harness and computer with the motor, it was re-wired at some point and Im not sure who did it. I was told the trans would work with the TH350 by the seller but had no way to verify. Do you know what I need to do for it to work with the TH350? Thanks again for the help

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by agault45 View Post
    ... Do you know what I need to do for it to work with the TH350? ...
    Yes sir …

The best way to make this work is with a completely custom tune – some of the parameters that should be changed for the best possible functionality, are not available in any tuning software – so you truly can’t do this yourself. I charge a fee for that level of tuning.

If you are OK with less than perfect manners from this project – then I don’t mind helping you get past the 4000 RPM barrier at no cost.

Thanks a ton, could you please call me at 812-525-010zero.
    I would like to get past the 4K rpm limiter and get it out of limp mode. Will probably pay you to make the other changes after that.
    Thanks
    Last edited by agault45; June 21st, 2016 at 10:35 AM.

Lifetime Member

Like many companies in our modern age, I don’t offer telephone support. If, down the road you decide that you would like a complete custom tune for the TH350 – send me a PM and we could discuss options.

For now, attached is a tune that should rev past 4000 RPM. Do NOT use this tune in conjunction with an electronic automatic transmission controlled by a T42 / T43 TCM.