Thread: Bad ECM? Need help

Default Bad ECM? Need help

I tuned my truck with an Autocal back in April. The Autocal had the wrong VIN number from the tuner. Me not knowing any better I tried multiple times to flash the tune. It fried my ECM. I bought a used one and changed the VIN number. It got me up and running. Now 2 mos later the truck developed a rough idle with no symptoms other than that. No hard start or smoking. I drove to work and now won't start. The injectors check out in every way. CP3 pump is good and putting up 7200 psi. I've had the injectors pulled and sent for testing. I'm concerned about the used ECM. It doesn't make any since at all that every thing on the fuel system seems fine but truck won't start. Is there a way to recover my original ECM? If I buy a new one for 3000$ I'm worried about damaging it. If I get a new one would it have different serial number requiring me to purchase another license?

Lifetime Member

EFILive licensing is based off ECM serial number, so if you change the ECM, you will need a new license. EFILive will cover the cost of the license if EFILive is the cause of the ECM failure.

We had discussions with your tuner in April to see if we could get ahold of your original ECM for analysis and determine if it can be recovered, but never heard back. The request was twofold - allow our technicians to see what happened and see if we can prevent the issue you had for future customers, and if recovered, allow you to resell your spare and recoup some of your cost.

I'll contact your tuner today and see what we can arrange to get hold of the ECM and see what we can do.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.