Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CVIN number. Educate me please.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    My opinion is if you are tuning the vehicle then you accept the consequences including a warranty void.

If you don't want to play and lose a warranty then leave it 100% stock.

Even altering one thing like tire size for different tires will change the CVN and could be a potential reason for a warranty void.

It is your choice as the vehicle owner to tune or not, my 2013 Vette had that stupid skip shift, I tuned it out, no power added, and it was my choice, warranty is voided even though I didn't add any power if GM wanted to use it as any excuse for warranty claims.

Due to that I accept all responsibility for my choice.
    I agree to a point. If you are changing something that can cause failure then you are on your own. Having skip shift or wheel size changes void your warrantee is rediculous.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

Lifetime Member

I also think GM runs more of a danger of a higher payout on warrantee claims by not letting people tune for the mods they are going to do anyway. Boltons are completely removable and un traceable or hard to prove I should say. Person mods with no tune. Breaks car, removes mods and makes a claim. Computer was never touched so there is no proof.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    My understanding is that to ignore the cvn changes you have to disable the processor checksum. Which would leave you wide open for liability. Bad things can happen when you ignore processors errors. Can't imagine anyone wanting that liability.
    Actually no it isn't necessary to disable checksums and integrity checks, some tricks can be done to have the CVN remain the same even though the data has been changed. It was a shame we had to remove it but thanks to another company who shall remain nameless that informed the EPA about this feature we had we were left with no choice.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Actually no it isn't necessary to disable checksums and integrity checks, some tricks can be done to have the CVN remain the same even though the data has been changed. It was a shame we had to remove it but thanks to another company who shall remain nameless that informed the EPA about this feature we had we were left with no choice.
    It's a cut throat world we live in and it's probably the same company that is famous for setting internal fault codes causing excessive warranty claims on ecm's. Looks like the EPA is more involved in controlling tuning than we are aware of....

I think you should name that other company so everyone will know who is responsible for telling the EPA.

Who would you think Joe? The same company that tried to have EFILive banned from SEMA, the same company that recently stole IP from us and used as their own, the same company that has never conducted their business with any morals or respect shown to their competitors.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    It's a cut throat world we live in and it's probably the same company that is famous for setting internal fault codes causing excessive warranty claims on ecm's.
    Care to elaborate on that any more? I haven't heard of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Who would you think Joe? The same company that tried to have EFILive banned from SEMA, the same company that recently stole IP from us and used as their own, the same company that has never conducted their business with any morals or respect shown to their competitors.
    I'm simply saying let people know (not everyone is aware of what goes on behind the scenes).

At the end of the day Joe it doesn't change anything to name and shame, we've never operated like that and I sleep easy at night knowing we haven't needed to stoop to such lows, a clear concious is a healthy state of mind.

Yes, I know... it just leaves a person feeling burned up about the unjustness of it all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast