Thread: Temporarily dead v2

Default Temporarily dead v2

Recently at a pull my v2 would not power up. I tried plugging into my pull truck (duramax) my dads tow rig Cummins then even a traverse we had parked next to us. Nothing came on like it got no power. I tried connecting to my fleece xdl, didn't work. I'm not even sure it would power it but I still tried. I couldn't find another obd2 cord to borrow thinking it may have been bad. So bad luck that night I wasn't able to data log my run.

Tried for giggles after the pull and it worked fine again. Anyone see a bug with them like this? Do I need to send it to someone for repairs, is fish tuning even around anymore? I'm in the USA, they have repaired it once years ago for LCD screen acting up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x MadMAX DIESEL View Post
    Recently at a pull my v2 would not power up. I tried plugging into my pull truck (duramax) my dads tow rig Cummins then even a traverse we had parked next to us. Nothing came on like it got no power. I tried connecting to my fleece xdl, didn't work. I'm not even sure it would power it but I still tried. I couldn't find another obd2 cord to borrow thinking it may have been bad. So bad luck that night I wasn't able to data log my run.

Tried for giggles after the pull and it worked fine again. Anyone see a bug with them like this? Do I need to send it to someone for repairs, is fish tuning even around anymore? I'm in the USA, they have repaired it once years ago for LCD screen acting up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It could just be the polyfuse protection. The V2 has a polyfuse that protects it from over-current conditions. That fuse will automatically reset once the over-current condition no longer exists. Although after plugging it into different vehicles it should have been OK. It may also bee the RJ45 connector has cracked solder connections to the main circuit board. Or like you thought, it may be a faulty OBDII cable. Does it power up OK via the USB connection?

If you want it repaired contact SoCal Diesel, they repair FlashScans. Their contact details are here:
    http://www.efilive.com/distributors

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It could just be the polyfuse protection. The V2 has a polyfuse that protects it from over-current conditions. That fuse will automatically reset once the over-current condition no longer exists. Although after plugging it into different vehicles it should have been OK. It may also bee the RJ45 connector has cracked solder connections to the main circuit board. Or like you thought, it may be a faulty OBDII cable. Does it power up OK via the USB connection?

If you want it repaired contact SoCal Diesel, they repair FlashScans. Their contact details are here:
    http://www.efilive.com/distributors

Regards
    Paul
    I did not have a laptop or anyway to power usb at the time of the incident. There is normally a yellow light that blinks when communicating with fleece xdl expansion logger. I tried to connect to that, and see if it powered up. I did not power up. But I doubt that xdl would have a power supply in the cable. Thanks I will first buy a spare cable incase it happens again

I had the same issue with a friend's V2 about 2-3 weeks ago. He thought he was going to need to send it in for repair. My USb cable has had a kink in it for a while so I have always been concerned it could go out.

I gave him my both my cables to try just to verify and it powered right up. Turns out both his cables went bad. USB and OBD2

I ordered a replacement set and a spare set from Socal Diesel.

Default Temporarily dead v2

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    I had the same issue with a friend's V2 about 2-3 weeks ago. He thought he was going to need to send it in for repair. My USb cable has had a kink in it for a while so I have always been concerned it could go out.

I gave him my both my cables to try just to verify and it powered right up. Turns out both his cables went bad. USB and OBD2

I ordered a replacement set and a spare set from Socal Diesel.
    Thanks, would you mind to share the price?

I ALWAYS roll mine up in the same way everytime so that doesn't happen. But maybe I can ohm it while bending it and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by x MadMAX DIESEL View Post
    Thanks, would you mind to share the price?

I ALWAYS roll mine up in the same way everytime so that doesn't happen. But maybe I can ohm it while bending it and stuff
    It's $9.00 for the USB interface cable and $19.00 for the OBD 2 cable. They are the authorised distributor/service center here on the West Coast.

http://shop.socaldiesel.com/categori...are-parts.html