Hi Fellas,

Hope someone can help me here I have a WM caprice L98 E38 and have had two tunes now after putting in a GM hotcam.

The first was remote and had nearly no success whatsoever in getting any part of idle correct.

The second was a bloke who said he could fix it and has it a lot better but it dips like mad approaching stopping and often stalls.

He says its an auto trans problem and the torque converter is too tight and I need a new transmission.

I can't believe this is true surely there is a better way of tuning it everything else is fine except approaching a stop.

It only idles at 550 in gear does this sound too low for a gm hotcam? Could this contribute to the issue? And perhaps increasing the underspeed multiplier for coasting? I've read heaps of helpful guides on here but I don't have efilive to experiment for myself and after outlaying nearly 3k for two tunes I have no more money either!!

Can someone give me something to tell this tuner? Does his explanation sound reasonable or does he just not know how to do it? I can't believe a mild cam like this could be so much trouble to get tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!