Thread: EFI Live V2 wont read ECM on LLY!!! Please Help!

Default EFI Live V2 wont read ECM on LLY!!! Please Help!

Good morning all,
    Yesterday I tried to tune my friends LLY to fix an underboost code after putting on an aftermarket exhaust and air filter. I purchased a license through EFI Live, and activated it. When I went to read the stock ECM it would not read it. I got several warning messages
    $0537 controller locked,
    $0101
    And I cant remember the last code but it is the one that popped up the most. It stated that there was some form of electrical interference.

The owner has owned this truck from stock, so I don't see how the PCM has been locked, EFI live has never been used on this truck, or any other tuner. Also we pulled the fuses to the radio, no other electrical device has been added to the truck besides a winch. I hooked EFI live up to one of my cars that is tuned and everything seemed to be functioning fine so I don't see why I was getting a $0101 warning. I also restarted the computer and unhooked EFI live several times. I'm lost, and I would really like to help my buddy out.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Llys are the most problematic with errors like you are getting. Make sure to pull fuses from under the hood that disconnect the radio,on star and such. That us usually what causes this problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OK I will give that a try. Thanks for the help.

Thanks all, I disconnected the radio and it still would not read. I than disconnected another module that tied into the car stereo harness and it began to read the PCM. It failed reading twice but on the third time it read the entire PCM and I was able to flash the new tune in without any issues.

That is common in some LLY trucks but no all llys. If you have one that does that with you most every time you flash it you have difficulties flashing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk