Thread: Flashscan V1 - Replacing burnt out PCM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flashscan V1 - Replacing burnt out PCM

Hello Efi Live members! Wondering if you can help me with this question.

I have had my V1 cable for several years now, licensed it for several of my vehicles over the years, and it has worked well for me.

Fast forward to today. I have a 2003 Chevy Duramax LB7 which I have licensed both the TCM and PCM to my cable. I have put a custom OS on it and it has worked great for at least 5+ years. Recently mice built a nest in my underhood fuse panel, chewing the wiring and causing everything to go haywire in the truck. Wiring was repaired where needed. Right now if I turn the key to "on" it will start cranking the truck and either start and run or then stop cranking and then the "start" position will not work.

Troubleshooting with the GM schematic and shop manual tells me its a PCM issue. Wiring appears to be ok, Park neutral switch is ok, etc. I have tried unplugging both batteries and letting the pcm sit for a few hours but it does the same thing when plugged back in. I have tried reflashing the pcm, it takes a tune but the issue isn't resolved either.

Long story short, I have bought a used duramax LB7 PCM that I wish to flash my current VIN and tune onto in order to get my truck running again. Will I need a new license or because its the same VIN for the same truck, will I be ok to use my current license? If I need to order a new license from EFI in advance due to the time zone difference and I'd like to know before the ECM comes in Friday.

thanks,
    Billdog

It's the physical PCM that gets licensed so you will definitely need a new licence.

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

The license is automated through efi live online store.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billdog350 View Post
    Long story short, I have bought a used duramax LB7 PCM that I wish to flash my current VIN and tune onto in order to get my truck running again. Will I need a new license or because its the same VIN for the same truck, will I be ok to use my current license? If I need to order a new license from EFI in advance due to the time zone difference and I'd like to know before the ECM comes in Friday.

thanks,
    Billdog

Send a copy of the invoice for the replacement PCM to EFILive (send it directly to me paul@efilive.com) and we'll send you a replacement VIN license.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, thanks so much for your response and I have already emailed the invoice with you as well as my serial and auth code for the cable. EFI Live rocks!