Thread: Service Regen

Lifetime Member

Default Service Regen

2016 E98 Colorado USA
    It seems that I'll be stuck with a full after treatment system... Where can I find service regen or parked regen triggers in the software?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

@GMPX can you shed some light on this for me sir?

Lifetime Member

No insight?

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    No insight?

EFILIVE will not be putting in the emissions triggers anytime soon for the e98... So you will need to purchase a delete tune more than likely... Which will be locked.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    EFILIVE will not be putting in the emissions triggers anytime soon for the e98... So you will need to purchase a delete tune more than likely... Which will be locked.
    I think you misunderstood me... I am not able to do deletes... Therefore, I need a way to trigger a parked or service regen. Normally you would need dealer tools to do this, and I read somewhere that other models have the feature on efilive to trigger a parked or service filter regen... If I am stuck with my dpf, I would like to have the ability to trigger the filter cleaning with efilive. And I believe this feature is there, I just don't know where... I looked in the DVT page while connected to my ecm, but the e98 ecm does not show up in the list

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    I think you misunderstood me... I am not able to do deletes... Therefore, I need a way to trigger a parked or service regen. Normally you would need dealer tools to do this, and I read somewhere that other models have the feature on efilive to trigger a parked or service filter regen... If I am stuck with my dpf, I would like to have the ability to trigger the filter cleaning with efilive. And I believe this feature is there, I just don't know where... I looked in the DVT page while connected to my ecm, but the e98 ecm does not show up in the list

Oh sorry, i see. Yes sir.. I do not think EFI has that into the scantool yet. You would need a solus, etc.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

I won't be purchasing any tunes for this vehicle... Especially because they are locked... I will not buy a lock I don't have the key for, na mean?

Lifetime Member

Oh sorry, i see. Yes sir.. I do not think EFI has that into the scantool yet. You would need a solus, etc.
    Yea I know there are scan tools out for this... I have a launchtech minidiag and I will try that to see if it can do it. Although I read somewhere that the previous generations of big trucks can do this... I was just wondering if it was something that its pending in a new release or if its out already, or if it will even be coming out ever

I have not seen anything but GM equipment that can do a manual regen on GM diesels. There are other tuning products out that have the option but do not work in my experience. I don't expect that this will be a feature with EFI. I would like to have the option myself with EFI for competition events, etc. I use the GM Tech II
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    I have not seen anything but GM equipment that can do a manual regen on GM diesels. There are other tuning products out that have the option but do not work in my experience. I don't expect that this will be a feature with EFI. I would like to have the option myself with EFI for competition events, etc. I use the GM Tech II
    I would like a tech 2 as well but they're big bucks! And I don't know how well the clones do with OEM level tasks... I tried my LaunchTech scanner last night, no dice... Even that didn't work

Last edited by hacklerjason; July 21st, 2016 at 02:06 PM.