Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 2016, Public Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default July 2016, Public Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installation, you should have the following software, boot block and firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 309 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 303 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014
    ) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    Firmware: V2.07.102 (July 08, 2016
    ) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Last edited by cindy@efilive; March 5th, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Wow I didn't know v8 pass through logging was a thing now. What have I been doing with my life? Well done!

Lifetime Member

Default July 2016, Public Release

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    Wow I didn't know v8 pass through logging was a thing now. What have I been doing with my life? Well done!
    It was originally added to April beta software, and has had a number of enhancements since.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I updated and now have the ECM on my 2013 Locked. Any insight on fixing it? The truck will not start now.

Quote Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
    I updated and now have the ECM on my 2013 Locked. Any insight on fixing it? The truck will not start now.
    What did you do...?

Did you use V7, V8, V2 BBx...?

Flashing pass thru via V8 to my ecm. Don't know what happened. First attempt failed with no data transferred and second attempt went thru but as it was flashing the service brake controller, service stabilitrak and other service warnings came up. After that it was done. I could not communicate to flash again. When checking with V8 thru the dtcs and auto detect the ecm has no Vin or serial numbers now. I guess it is permanently done now. This is the only time that I have had a issue flashing this truck or others for that matter. I sent trace files in to support and maybe they can tell what went wrong. On my end I did it the same as a 1000 times before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Full flash a file in that does not have VIN or SN security restrictions and you should be fine. Happens to customers while BBX flashing with AutoCals all the time. If you can communicate through the OBD tab the ECM is likely fine.

Tried it all Dustin! Lorenzo at Socal thought the same until he tried via team veiwer and saw it for himself. Paul with EFI Live says it's unrecoverable with the trace files that he has reviewed..

Quote Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
    What Year, Model, and Controller is it?

What were you doing that messed up the controller?

Service # of ECM would help....might be able to fix it for you.

Chuck CoW

I
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

It is a 2013 LML duramax. Everyone says that it's not recoverable. I did not do anything out of the ordinary when flashing a tune but it lost information such as the Vin and ecm serial number and locked new out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast