Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: EFILive FlashScan V2

Lifetime Member

Default FS: EFILive FlashScan V2

If you're worried about the total cost exceeding the level for import duties, you may be better off doing the calculation on purchasing the FlashScan V2 Scan only option for $499 US, and upgrading it to the Tuning Option via the online store after you receive it.

It's $50US more expensive to buy the scan only then upgrade, compared to buying the tuning tool, but your landed cost should be well under the threshold for import duties.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

As the title states I have a new FS2-GM EFI Live FlashScan V2 I had purchased to tune an LS truck conversion I did but ended up paying someone to dyno tune it instead so I have no need for it,
    I ship to worldwide, I have lot of positive feedback here and other forum like Camara5 and other forum, you have nothing to worry about, i will ship once payment is confirmed.

I will prefer payment via money gram, western union or money order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tune.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	677.9 KB 
ID:	20221  

Thank you very much, everyone.

@Joe: Why do you/people remove the wideband sensor when done? Does it foul up easy?

@Tre: When you say "02's are not required".. do you mean they aren't required at all (when using EFI Live).. or just not required to get the fueling spot-on?

@DrkPhx: Cool. I'll buy it off you. I'll call my bank tomorrow (it's friday night here now), ask 'em what my best option is and then I'll PM you.

If you're done tuning, you remove the WB... of course, you don't have to be done, you can tune on an ongoing basis.

If engine is running well and not burning oil or coolant, the O2 sensors don't foul.

During tuning, you want to use the WB's data without influence from closed loop trimming (which uses the NB's)... i.e. you want to see what the engine is doing un-trimmed so you can correct the airmass/airflow tables.

Thanks again, Joe. Would be good if you posted/approved my post/reply so everyone else could read it too.. especially now that I'm buying the V2 off DrkPhx.

Thanks for posting my post (#13).

So here's an update..
    I spent all night last night emailing and trying to pay DrkPhx via Western Union (a site I'm not familiar with and one he prefers). I reached "step 3" ("Review") out of 4 steps of the payment process. Just when I thought I was finished, the site asked me to type in the 4 digit one-time-password it had just emailed me. I recieved an 8 digit password. After typing it in and pressing the submit button, I got a page saying:
    ID Verification

For your security, your bank needs to confirm your identity. Just enter the 4 digit code your bank sent you...blah blah...

I tried twice (with another new password) and it didn't work.
    (For the record, on that same page, it says:
    Protect Yourself from Fraud
    Don't send money to an individual:
    - Who you haven't met in person.
    - For a purchase you made online.
    )

Then I called my bank for help and they said Western Union is a bit dodgy and after telling them the whole story (of me paying DrkPhx and other behind the scenes info), they said the whole thing sounds dodgy.

Now I don't want to make DrkPhx look bad in any way (he sounds like a good dude).. but I'm paranoid about this whole thing, this dodgy Western Union site, losing my money, the fact that no one has bought the V2 off him all this time... and want to know if he can be trusted. Are there any long time members or mods here who can vouch for him?
    My apologies, DrkPhx. But I'm sure you can understand why I'm paranoid and putting this out here..

[Lenovo G50 laptop sucks]

Would he do PayPal...?

I previously asked him and he didn't want to. I just emailed him and told him I'll only pay him via Paypal now + give him an extra $10US.
    I asked my workmates today what they thought of Western Union and they all said the same thing. "It's dodgy", "I wouldn't", "no f-ing way", "Paypal or nothing"... Western Union themselves say on their website not to give money to strangers, pay for online purchases...

So yeah, what do you reckon, DrkPhx? Will you make a paypal account (and send me the V2) for 660USD? And no import charges, right?

And while I'm at it.... what's the difference between this V2 and V8?? Is the V8 a free software upgrade which I can do on the V2?

V8 is just software & is free.

V2 is the physical hardware u require.

And you still need the V7 software.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast