Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014, 5.3L, Silverado tire size change

Joe,

Attached is the stock and adjusted files.

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm using V7 build 329, and H0136 does not show up.

Joe,

It is in the speedo calculator, parameter for revolution/mile or km. Though everytime it opens there is error: Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cal_adjust.txt." Access is denied

I get the same error with all my other tunes, except the speedo table populates, where with the 2017 silverado it does not.

Rob

Ah, I see.

Run the V7 tunetool as Administrator (rightclick->Properties->Compatibility->Privilege Level)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R Shanta View Post
    I "helped" a buddy adjust his speedo on his new 2017 Silverado 1500 for his 35's. Dealership put the lift and tires on, but did not correct the speedo. I thought it was a little strange and chalked it up to incompetence, but then again appearently so am I.

As a result he no longer has cruise control. Specifics

EFILive V2
    V8 Version 8.2.5 build 316
    V7.5 version V7.5.10 build 323
    Controller: E92

I purchased a controller authorization code to read out the stock calibration and changed parameter H0105 from 405 to 364 within 7.5. Then performed a full-flash with V8. I saved the stock tune, modified and saved the tire size correction as a different file.

Should have I adjusted H0136 by the same amount?
    H0136 is not available in that truck's calibration so you can't "change" it. The speed calculator can't used for that truck because it doesn't support the {H0136} calibration.

Changing {H0105} only changes the speed that is output from the ECM via a dedicate wire or via a message on the CAN bus. It won't change the internal speed that the ECM uses/calculates. It is possible that changing {H0105} will cause a discrepancy between the internal speed used by the ECM and the speed that the ECM is transmitting on the CAN bus. That can cause other modules (ABS etc) to "think" there is something wrong with the way the ECM is measuring the speed of the vehicle. That in turn can cause functions (such as cruise control) to be disabled.

It is probably best to get the dealer to correct the speedo because the adjustment may need to be be made elsewhere (not in the ECM) - such as in the ABS module or in the instrument cluster.

Note, changing just calibrations does not require a full-flash. A calibration flash will update any calibrations that you change. A full flash is only required when you apply an EFILive supplied operating system patch.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Joe,

Thanks for the tip and cruise now seams to be working.

Paul,

Thanks for taking the time for the explaination. I agree with you that it would be best for a dealer to make the adjustment, however; his particular choice of dealer is not willing to adjusted. Per Joe's and your's suggestion and cal flashing the ecm with just the H0105 seams to be working at this time. My fall back plan is to cal flash H0105 back to stock and assist him with finding a capable dealer to make the change.

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12