Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECM Locked

I have heard of these Bosch EDC17's on FORD's having a brain fade and pegging the speedo when the vehicle is sitting still, new ECM is the only fix.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Update: The ecm was bad. Lost flash memory. I got the new one in and retuned. It is all ok now. So yes the LML ecm can give up as well as the others.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
    Attempted to flash in a new tune this morning and it completed a flash but will not start. Attempted to reflashed and get the $0537 Controller is Locked with Custom Key. That is not true at least not from me anyways. I updated recently and did not have a problem flashing 2 days ago. Now the truck is useless. Please help!Attachment 20005

This might be something related to what happened to you. Never ran into this before. Im wondering if its something to do with latest update or just something that was going to happen regardless.

similar issue happened with a 2014 cummins but it was error 0531. This was an autocal customer. I updated his autocal and updated his tune as well to that latest. when he went to flash it stopped with error 0531, vin mismatch. I double checked VIN number I used to lock tune and it all matched. customer could not load tune or even start truck now. I went to where truck was and connected with scan tool. scan tool read VIN*********** so my guess was vin in truck got erased somehow during flash process. I saved file without locking it to VIN and it flashed ok. Truck is now up and running.
    08 LMM CC Dually

Canada

I never got a answer is to why or how to prevent it from occurring again. Maybe it was a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
    I never got a answer is to why or how to prevent it from occurring again. Maybe it was a fluke.

I thought I was paying for a new PCM and a license... dam scarry. Lol.
    08 LMM CC Dually

Canada

I did hear back from Paul last night. He has no definite answer as to how it happened since nobody has had a failure like this before. In essence somehow or another it lost memory that contained the Vin and serial number in the flash memory. He feels that he charge pump in the flash memory failed and did not boost voltage for a complete flash. He says that the charge pump boost voltage from 3 volts up to 12 during the process so you can do a complete flash. I think I will send it in and see if it can be recovered anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12