Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a good solid shift in sport mode 6L80e

i dont think it's really worth it, there is nothing on there that isnt discussed or readily available either here or on the hpt forum.

seems to me as a quicker way for the guy to get money for offering help with tunes...

Yes well tre after trolling the forum I have settled with your settings for shift times etc, how about torque converters do you have any knowledge on settings for them? I am trying to put together a basic tutorial with all the information I have gathered so people can find it all in the one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Would you say that site has been useful to you...?

If you were to rate it, how many stars would you give it...?

I'm wondering about joining...

More than anything it's just a place with all the information in one place, and exclusive information that applies to the 6L series of transmissions, so you don't have to sort through any other stuff. Probably no key stuff that you can't find on HPT or EFI forums - it's just in one place.

Whether it's worth it - honestly I'm not sure. Compared to the literal tens of thousands of dollars I've spent modifying this car (performance and otherwise), $100 isn't a huge deal.

Quite frankly, I've spent a considerable amount of time and money having "pros" tune this car and I've seen the best performance/feel from using the stock settings out of a 2014 Corvette C7A6 (my father's car). The settings in that tune are substantially more aggressive than the stock C6 settings, and actually quite a bit more than most aftermarket tuners do, while the transmissions themselves are 99% the same (besides the converters). The shifting will never be quite as good because the C6 doesn't have direct injection and therefore cannot precisely control torque output nearly as well as the LT1 in the C7, but still the best shifts I have had in my car. I'm sure there's a good deal of improvement to be had even with the C7 settings, but I've been quite satisfied.

Applying the 2014 settings to the 2013 and prior does require some interpolation of the data, which I have already done. I'll attach my tune here.NJE_HPT_22_test_TCC_off_C7 _presets.ctz Ignore the fact that the TCC is set to be unlocked all the time (and indeed ALL the converter related settings) - that problem will hopefully be resolved in not too long. Shift points are also a very subjective thing so set those as you prefer. What's key is times, pressures, presets, torque management, etc. TM can honestly be turned down a bit to suit personal preference, but I will take a slower shift that is smoother any day simply because I put 20,000mi/year on this car. If I go to the strip I will turn down the TM settings considerably, but I don't care about minimizing shift speed in town at the expense of clutch material.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers mate I will have a look over it and give it a try.

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone started playing with the new inertia tables in the beta release? I am going to look at these over the weekend and see what I can find. Any direction I should head would be helpful don't want to wreck the box. Have put all the C7 shift times, speeds pressures etc into my Trans tube but yet to old it into my test car and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmotorsport View Post
    Has anyone started playing with the new inertia tables in the beta release? I am going to look at these over the weekend and see what I can find. Any direction I should head would be helpful don't want to wreck the box. Have put all the C7 shift times, speeds pressures etc into my Trans tube but yet to old it into my test car and try it out.
    Yes , seems to be noticeable on some operating systems but not so on others.
    Either way I cannot seem to datalog any combination of pids to show any changes when making adjustments to these inertia tables

Quote Originally Posted by APS Luis View Post
    Yes , seems to be noticeable on some operating systems but not so on others.
    Either way I cannot seem to datalog any combination of pids to show any changes when making adjustments to these inertia tables
    With these tables did you increase or decrease them? I'm guessing you increase but knowing how easy it is to stuff them up didn't want to just guess.

Increased & decreased, tried the "subtle" approach & the "wild" approach with no difference

Quote Originally Posted by APS Luis View Post
    Increased & decreased, tried the "subtle" approach & the "wild" approach with no difference
    Ok so there not very helpful tables at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12