Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a good solid shift in sport mode 6L80e

Default Getting a good solid shift in sport mode 6L80e

Playing with my brothers SSVwagone with the 6L80 box and want to firm the shifts up while in Sports and Tap up/down. I have added 5% across the board on the 1-2 2-3 3-4 -4-5 5-6 base pressure tables and reduced the TQM in this points as well I the Pressure B and C tables. This didn't seem to change the feel at all? I know with the 4l's you would change the shift times and pressures to get a nice solid change. I read that changing this to 0 on the 6s isn't good due to the clutch set ups, what numbers should I be going for I shift times and what other areas do I look at?

Well after no response and a few hours trawling through a 7 year old thread I discovered that EFI put new tables into the ECM parameters to control the torque values the trans seen. Now does anyone have a tutorial for these tables and what corresponding tables in the TCM to modify to get a nice shifting Auto, stock and aftermarket stalls? Also a list of PIDS to log? I see people have said to change the shift times at around .3 for low load and .2 at high loads, what area is this on the shift time table? If someone can give me a starting point I would be very grateful and happily do up a PDF with what info I get and my results etc for others to read as there doesn't seem to be anything around for this.
    Last edited by jmsmotorsport; July 21st, 2016 at 08:34 PM.

Unfortunately, I don't have any info...

Bugger, it seems as thou anyone that was talking about these Trans is no longer around on the forum. Looks like I will just have to do some trial and error work see what I come up with.

Lifetime Member

There is not much info about tuning those trans, and sometimes people dont want to share the info, the best you can do is to look into this page: http://6l80etuning.com/
    You need to pay but you can directly ask what you wanna know, there are a lot of threads and info.

Yeah I have seen that site. $99 US ($150 Aus) is pretty steep for an unknown, can't even see 1 article to see if it will be worth my while.

Lifetime Member

im user of the site, thats why i can tell you it has a lot of info, but its up to you..

Ok so it has pretty much all you need to know about tuning these Trans from stock set ups to wild racing setups etc? It may be something I will have to invest in.

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    im user of the site, thats why i can tell you it has a lot of info, but its up to you..
    Would you say that site has been useful to you...?

If you were to rate it, how many stars would you give it...?

I'm wondering about joining...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Would you say that site has been useful to you...?

If you were to rate it, how many stars would you give it...?

I'm wondering about joining...
    Interested in this as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast