I am rebuilding and preparing, a 97 vortec 5.7 I pulled from my Tahoe, to prepare it so it can go into my 2002 crew cab Sonoma. I am building this engine for reliability and fuel economy. I am planning to use the 24x reluctor wheel kit from efi connection so I can use ls1 coil near plug coils. This will greatly increase reliability by allowing me to use a double roller timing chain and making the distributor be only a cam position sensor. And being able to tune more timing and dwell will help fuel mileage. the Sonoma already has the 411 pcm and I will be using a nv3500 5 speed and np241 manual transfer case from a different 97 truck. so I won't have to worry about transmission or 4wd low when tuning. Most people use a base tune from a ls early 2000s camaro when converting a 5.7 to ls cnp. I have read a few things saying ac won't work with that tune something about analog cycling still trying to figure that out. One thing I was reading said a tune from a 03 up express van with the ls motor will fix the ac issue, still looking into that. But biggest question I have is is there a cdi ignition system that will work with ls cnp? I know the ls coils are smart coils meaning they have internal ignitors. And cdi's don't work with internally ignited coils. But AEM makes ls1 dumb coils design for external ignitors. But I can't find anything on if a cdi ignition like msd's street fire can run multiple coils like this or if there is a cdi ignition that can. I know msd sells a controller for ls engines to control spark when you run a carb but I don't think that's a cdi. Also if there is a cdi that would work how would a cdi system be wired into coil near plug mainly the coil trigger wires from the pcm to control the coil ignitor. Is there an external ignitor module I would have to wire in? Thank you in advance for any help or info you can give