Thread: Bench top running my V2 and no signal of widebands in scan software

Default Bench top running my V2 and no signal of widebands in scan software

Another Question for the V2. I have the V2 set up for running my innovate lm2 through the serial port and i have used this in my truck for a few years now and it works great. I have a bench harness that i made and i use it for full flashing . I set it up yesterday on a spare 0411 pcm and i connected my lm2 through serial with my sensors connected to the lm2 and i can see the values in the V2 screen comming in through the serial connection reading both 20.9 and displaying free air so that is normal as they are in free air but i cannot see the values in the data on my laptop, everything seems to be set up as it is in my truck , i am getting like wierd numbers like 50 or 80 or nothing at all in both channels . I did however delete my old pid selection that i did use while logging in my truck so i made a new pid selection using both external wideband afr pids. Is it something i am not doing right on the bench, is it because i am using a different pcm , is it because there has to be a live working fluctuation o2 signal through serial for the signal to pass through the v2 and then to the software . As i said the v2 is seeing the serial signal from the lm2 but not getting to the software. I am going to try it in my truck this morning and reinstall my o2s in the y pipe just to be sure it still works ok as it always has. I have to get this sorted out as i have to connect to my friends truck that i installed two mtx-L innovate afr gauges in so we can rework his tune . Thanks. Eric

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Are you using the latest version of the EFILive software, if not please update here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    There was a bug in the V7 software about 6-8 months ago that would cause the serial data to not be passed from FlashScan to the PC correctly.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul . I doubt it is related to a software release bug that came out six to eight months ago because as negligent as this may sound i have not updated the software or my V2 sense i bought it in 2009 . I never bothered as i am only working on older stuff , the newest being a 2006 . I was looking over the updating of flashscan but it looked somewhat complex as i do have an older boot blocker and firmware. I should get out of the dark ages and update all of that , what is the easiest way . My flashscan v2 always worked good with no bugs for what i needed it for so i was never tempted. I imagine the newer software would not even work with my older boot block and firmware in my v2 or am i wrong. I am almost ready to throw this onto a newer laptop with win 7 so maybe i should do this all at the same time . I am still running efilive on my old win xp laptop that is only for my truck stuff, my old compac evo 620 is still holding on to life with even a spare batt. With all this said i am still no longer ahead with my serial problem. I was suposed to try it in my truck but that is only going to happen tomorrow morning. Thanks. Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    so i made a new pid selection using both external wideband afr pids.
    Which pids are you logging...?

I am using external wideband afr 1 and 2 . I am going to install my o2s in my truck this morning as i have a feeling the software cannot process a free air state of the sensors like the V2 just a real working o2 sensor signal , is this possible. I noticed if i let them head up for about a half hour and disconnect and reconnect the software i get a reading of 25 on both all across in the data while my v2 is displaying a free air at 20.9 like my lm2. Can the older software i have even perform a free air calibration if not this can all make sense. I will get back . Eric thanks

Well everything works great in the truck with the sensors installed. It was what i thought . The software needs a real working sensor signal from the wide bands to display data . With the software connected and logging data i did a sensor calibration from the lm2 and the flashscan recongnized it but the software did not at all so that is why i had no data while they were in free air on my bench top. Funny i dont feel any smarter , i just feel like i wasted time . If i would have never taken my sensors out of my truck all this would have never happened, I took them out because i was supposed to install to mtx-L gauges and have a nice clean installation with my serial connection always ready for my flashscan but with baby Hans here things are different for a bit but i am loving it . Eric

I'm not sure I understand why V7 scantool could not log the serial wideband pids... was V2 connected to the PCM/ECM...?

Yes i was connected to a 0411 pcm with my bench top harness and my v7 scantool was reading a signal from my lm2 but it was not displaying free air and 20.9 as my flashscan v2 window but if i blew in my sensors i could see the value would go way up like 80 or a 100 so there was a signal so my conclusion in my two previous posts may have come off sounding confusing and not entirely correct. What this all comes down to is that the v7 scantool will not display the sensors are in free air the same way as the V2 and to correct on what i have said i believe the V7 scantool will recongnize a free air state by giving a reading of 25 across all the data because when i did let my sensors heat up for a while in free air this would happen , there is still serial signal for sure because i remember when i disconnect i would get 10 all across the data and when i reconnect i would get 25 across the data telling me the sensors are in a free air state. Does all this make more sense. Alot of talk for a problem that was never there but that is my fault. Sometimes things are more easily realized then they can be explained. Eric
    Last edited by Eric; July 28th, 2016 at 09:35 PM.