Thread: One more licensing question................

Default One more licensing question................

I bought a used copy of EfiLive FlashScan and when I installed it, it said that there were two available licenses on the cable. Sorry for the stupid newbie question, but does this mean that I can just hook it up and get started?

The person that I bought it off of had a Camaro, and I've got a Corvette. Does this matter or do I have to buy another license?

Also, if I put the key into both my laptop and my desktop, and register the cable, does that take two licenses or just the one that is reading the car? I put the cable on both, so I hope that it's not registered to both. I got so excited that I got the software, that I Completely forgot that I could just save the file and transfer it............DUH (It's not my fault, I must've been dropped on my head as a kid ).

Thanks in advance for your help!

The key takes no PCM licences, and should allow you to connect the Scan Tool to any GM OBD-II vehicle, and to read from flash from any supported PCM.

Your cable should have 2 PCM licences, one of which would have been used by the previous owner; from the Tune tool, with your cable/black-box connected, go Help->FlashScan PCM Licencing to see how many unused licenses you have; if you have one, then when you go to write to flash for the first time it will ask you if you want to use this license.

Thank You!