Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The log shows a CMD engine controller was detected , are you trying to log a CMD (i.e. CM2200) controller?
    Regards
    Paul
    Yes
    03 6spd

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Ok, we're working on it. It appears to be a bug that is not interpreting the CMD's operating system number correctly, when that routing fails it prevents the scan tool from recognizing the ECM.
    We'll get it fixed asap.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul!
    03 6spd

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Until it is fixed, something thing you could try is to manually detect the controller(s) prior to starting the data log.

To do that press Ctrl+OK on FlashScan's keypad while it is connected to the vehicle and the ignition is on. i.e. Press and hold the Ctrl key while pressing and releasing the OK key. That causes FlashScan to re-negotiate the protocol between itself and the on board modules. If it is successful you should see CAN-xx in the lower right corner of FlashScan's screen. The "xx" indicates how many modules it detected.

Once you've done that you may have more success at starting the pass-thru data log.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Just checking but do you support the new 2017 Holden Colorado yet?

I'm looking to put my order in this week for one.

Unsure at this stage as nobody we know has seen one given they just hit the dealers on the 1st, give it a week or so and I'm sure we will know more. I don't know any dealers I can just waltz in to the pre-delivery dept and see for myself.
    There is a couple of 2017 VIN's from Holden dealers online but I don't think they are really 2017's as the OS is the same as the 2016 which doesn't seem likely given the 2017 has a DPF now.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well i ordered mine today, will have it eom or early october.

I take it we can turn off the dpf locally in oz? As plan is to do lift kit and exhaust pretty much straight away.

Congrats on the new purchase, I think the updated model will be a real winner for Holden. I can't believe they didn't up the power just a little bit for marketing purposes.
    We don't offer any DPF delete functions on the E98 at all. Up to now there has been no need to as all the non US models don't have them fitted, and the US models, well we've worn that record out as to why we don't offer deletes for those so I won't go there again.
    Anyway to answer your question I can't answer your question because we don't know what program they are running yet and we've never actually looked at how to disable DPF on that ECM. I say watch this space because we already know these can be tuned to run clean without a DPF and power is consistent between multiple vehicles. If the new model is able to make the same power with DPF in place then why remove it?
    I just hope the regen logic is better than what they did on the local Diesel Cruze, nothing like pulling up in a car park and shutting the car off to then have the fans roar at full speed for a few minutes because it was in the middle of a regen. Kind of upsets people near the car having hot air blown over them.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

main reason for removing dpf is most of the pre 17 exhausts will fit straight up and it's one less thing to go wrong later down the track, but we shall see.

Also thinking of putting supplemental lpg system on as well since it will become my new DD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123