Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default July 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated for this beta test release, you must update both software packages.

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    The EFILive beta software is available to all users. We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends that beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 310 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 304 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014
    ) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    Firmware: V2.07.103 (July 30, 2015
    ) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue 3:
    The filename template tags: <seq>,<seq1>,<seq2>,<seq3> and <seq4> do not work correctly in the V7.5 Scan or Tune Tools.
    Workaround:
    None. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 4:
    Access violation when starting the EFILive V8 software.
    Caused when a filename is longer than 130 characters. The limit should be 260 (Window's shell API filename length limit) and it will be adjusted to 260 in the next EFILive update (V8.2.3 build 305).
    Workaround:
    Delete any entry in the \My Documents\EFILive\V8\EFILive_ScanAndTune.ini file in either of the sections [MRU Tune] or [MRU Scan] that contains a filename longer than 130 characters.
    Rename any scan or tune file that has a name longer than 130 characters to 130 characters or less before opening it in the EFILive V8 software.
    Last edited by Blacky; December 8th, 2017 at 11:11 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Calibration/OS 12654172/12654173 seems to be missing the VVE tables.

I've tried opening the editor with the v2 plugged in and i still don't get any additional tables show up.

Can you test it on your end?

I don't think E83 ever had VVE tables did they?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

mine did. as i had modified mine.

Ok thanks, I'll pass that down the system and see if we can figure out why they have disappeared.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'll test again when i get home tonight, but it almost seemed like the v7 software didnt detect the v2 was plugged in to give me the expanded vve folders. I'll try opening up a e38 file also to confirm.

Just looking through the trans tables, looks like we have a lot more to play with the inertia tables and torque reduction scaler and offsets. What tables do the torque scalers multiply?

just checked with build 298 on my desktop and i have 1,2,3 bar vve tables.

Lifetime Member

Historically we supported 2 E83B operating systems, and this year we added support for 7 more.

The developer spent considerable time trying to implement VVE on all of the operating systems earlier this year but the functionality isn't consistent, and he couldn't get it to work in a reasonable development time frame. Based on the amount of time he spent, and the amount of time we think the function will take to get it right, we disabled his VVE development to release the support for the new operating systems, and decided we wouldn't provide that function on that controller. Inadvertently that disabled the feature on the 2 operating systems already supported.

I've spoken with the developer to see if he can re-enable the feature for the 2 original operating systems for a future release. It won't be the next beta release - that's already finalized and internal testing has started. VVE will not be added for any of the newly supported E38B operating systems.

You can continue to use the *.calz files from any build prior to April this year (298 will work just fine) should you require VVE functionality before we can re-add it back into current release software.

Cheers
    Cindy

It's not a big deal, just thought it was odd to lose features with a new version so i mentioned it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast