Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: July 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

  1. #11
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Is there any support for the E82 ecms yet, i'm not sure if they were in anything pre 2017 or not?

    Thanks
    Robert
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

  2. #12
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,760

    Default

    Yes and No, we developed read / cal flash routines for them on a borrowed ECM but they haven't been fully mapped yet (though it might be complete by now I am not sure). Unfortunately too pretty much every 2017 ECM is now on order restriction from GM (such as the E81, E82, E84), we simply cannot buy them. Finally they have new security on all the 2017 ECM's that we have been working on a solution for, more details on that will come shortly.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Found an issue where when I try to open V7.5 Scan that a data tab is opened over the Beta Warning and I cant close that Data Tab to accept the Beta Warning therefor not being able to use the Scan software.

  4. #14
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes and No, we developed read / cal flash routines for them on a borrowed ECM but they haven't been fully mapped yet (though it might be complete by now I am not sure). Unfortunately too pretty much every 2017 ECM is now on order restriction from GM (such as the E81, E82, E84), we simply cannot buy them. Finally they have new security on all the 2017 ECM's that we have been working on a solution for, more details on that will come shortly.
    Awesome thanks guys !
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    This may be user error, but I seem to have no luck getting V8 pass-thru logging to connect to an ECM. Auto-detect, OBD status, and BBL all work properly, but when I attempt to record or monitor data the orange LED on the V2 blinks once and an error is shown that it cannot communicate with the controller.
    03 6spd

  6. #16
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCPG View Post
    This may be user error, but I seem to have no luck getting V8 pass-thru logging to connect to an ECM. Auto-detect, OBD status, and BBL all work properly, but when I attempt to record or monitor data the orange LED on the V2 blinks once and an error is shown that it cannot communicate with the controller.
    Is it possible that you have TCM PIDs selected but no TCM connected?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Is it possible that you have TCM PIDs selected but no TCM connected?
    Regards
    Paul
    I just removed all PIDs except SAE.RPM and it is still doing the same thing. I was mistaken, the orange and green LED blink once then it displays "No Controllers Detected".
    03 6spd

  8. #18
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    After you get the "No controller detected" save a trace file and attach it to this thread.
    To save a trace file, click on the FlashScan icon in the System Tray (on the Windows Task Bar near the clock), select [F8: Trace] and then [Save Trace].

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Here you are. I had to change the extension to .txt for it to upload.

    v8_Scan_NoControllerFound_2.txt
    03 6spd

  10. #20
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCPG View Post
    Here you are. I had to change the extension to .txt for it to upload.

    v8_Scan_NoControllerFound_2.txt
    The log shows a CMD engine controller was detected , are you trying to log a CMD (i.e. CM2200) controller?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. May 2016: EFILive Beta 3 Test Release
    By Blacky in forum EFILive Beta Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 6th, 2016, 06:30 PM
  2. April 2016: EFILive Beta 2 Test Release
    By Blacky in forum EFILive Beta Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 30th, 2016, 07:49 AM
  3. Known issues with the April 2016 Beta Test Release
    By Blacky in forum EFILive Beta Software
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: April 18th, 2016, 04:07 PM
  4. April 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release
    By Blacky in forum EFILive Beta Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 9th, 2016, 02:46 PM
  5. April 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 9th, 2016, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •