Thread: Saving as V8 when using V7.5?

Question Saving as V8 when using V7.5?

V1.2 cable
    V7.5.7 Build 296
    LS1B PCM

Did some changes to a tune (and saved as different name) and tried to cal flash -but the truck did not start. So I tried a full flash of the previous tune and it still won't start?

Disconnected/re-connected battery. -no luck.

Is it the fact that when I saved the files it was saved in V8 the reason it won't start? (Although a .ctv extension) or is this irrelevant? Diagnostics say the PCM is ok and the connection was OK etc-even did a successful test flash?

only oddity is that my only option was saving as V8. (.ctv)

UPDATE 1:

Down loaded latest V7.5.5 (B 309) and the message is: "boot loader rejected" with test flash. (PCM status is ok.)

UPDATE 2:

re -tried cal flash the next day with success-but no start? Repeated with earlier (known good) tune- no start. It wasn't until I went back to a two year old tune the truck would start?

Seems something is screwy with the software.

It's confusing when you have a V1.2 cable and limited to V7.5.5 software but when you attempt to save ANY file it says Saving as V8 (.ctv)
    Last edited by Dewglass; September 7th, 2016 at 06:18 AM. Reason: more info
    '02 S10 Xtreme 4.3 Syclone power; AWD, 4L60E; 411 PCM: Walbro 255; 160F thermo: Front coil overs, 4" static drop;

The file format does not matter (i.e. file compression should not matter), from V7 you save it as .ctz, and later you open it from V7, should make no difference.

Can you post here an older file that works and a newer file that does not work.

06SEPT16_Recover_runs_fromjuly14stocktune.ctz

I had the same experience again today.

This time I did a cal flash after changing about 4 DTC settings-nothing else. After the flash it would not start and I had to go back to the same tune that got it started last time. (recover -runs file) Really bizarre?

What could be causing this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '02 S10 Xtreme 4.3 Syclone power; AWD, 4L60E; 411 PCM: Walbro 255; 160F thermo: Front coil overs, 4" static drop;

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dewglass View Post
    06SEPT16_Recover_runs_fromjuly14stocktune.ctz

I had the same experience again today.

This time I did a cal flash after changing about 4 DTC settings-nothing else. After the flash it would not start and I had to go back to the same tune that got it started last time. (recover -runs file) Really bizarre?

What could be causing this?
    This is just a guess...

The tune that works has it's platform setting {G1206} set to "ML-VAN", the "no start" tune has its platform set to "S/T-Truck".
    Based on {G1207} the S/T-Truck and ML-VAN platform specifications are different.
    I don't know if you can successfully mix/match different platforms and tunes - but if you can try changing the platform setting from S/T-Truck to ML-VAN. There may be a bunch of other calibrations (not shown in EFILive) that could need to be changed also - so it may not be possible to simply set that option and have everything work as intended.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'll do this and report back - hopefully to close this thread.
    Last edited by Dewglass; October 31st, 2016 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo