Thread: Reading E78

Default Reading E78

I'm a noob so go easy on me, just recieved my Flashscan V2. What challenges should I face when trying to Read my E78 (Cruze) PCM. This has a previous Trifecta calibration, but I don't have the stock file at this point. Should I be able to tune over top of the Trifecta calibration? Thank you in advance.

Oh dear, you might be in trouble because I am sure that Trifecta lock the ECM so nothing else can access it. Is there any way you can get your stock file programmed back in by the Trifecta programmer?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I've tried with no luck to read the cal, get 0311 error, sounds like it's locked. I tried EZ Flash and my original cable from when I bought that tune, but I'm having comm issues. I emailed them for support, we'll see how it goes! Thanks for the reply, looking forward to Flash-scanning stuff!

Would anyone happen to have stock cal for a 13 Cruze 6M/T, just in case I still have Trifecta issues?

Problem is you can't program over it either, read and flash are blocked. If you can't get anywhere with Trifecta you'll need a new ECM
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I kind of wondered about that, I've simply asked them to help get the stock tune back in so I can go in for service. There's really no reason for them to deny me that.

Just a quick update on this situation. All I needed for this was the earlier version of EZ Flash, which Trifecta was kind enough to send me. Once I had that, I reloaded the stock tune and continued on from there. This is a lot of fun if not a little bit of a challenge, thanks for the help.

Good on Trifecta for getting sorted out for you, happy tinkering.