Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
You can't dissociate a VIN from an AutoCal - EFILive and AutoCal was never designed to allow that. It's designed to allow multiple vehicles to be tuned at the same time. Because of that 'returning to stock' does not free up the VIN license (actually the software doesn't differentiate between a stock or modified tune anyway). Each controller needs to be licensed.

That's something you and your tuner need to discuss - I don't know what you bought, or what your tuner sent you. This is a discussion you really need to have with your tuner given you've purchased his handheld device, not an EFILive tuning product. Your tuner can/has/will customize the AutoCal to suit his business/your needs, and given the number of different configurable options, he needs to provide you with support.

If he did send you a license, you'll have an activation code and instructions similar to this

EFILive Order Number: 123123
EFILive AutoCal Serial Number: 005000012312
Activation Code: 01230ABC
Number of VIN Licenses Purchased: 1
Total License Number: 2

To update your AutoCal cable with the new activation code:
1. Connect your AutoCal cable to your PC or laptop.
2. Start the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune application.
3. Click the [F7: Licenses] button in the left-hand pane.
4. Click the [F3: VINs] button in the left-hand pane.
5. Enter the 02513C6B (Activation Code) in the Activation Code: field.
6. Enter 2 (Total License Number) in the License Number: field.
7. Click the [Activate VIN License] button.

It's apparent you purchased something second hand without really understanding the capabilities and requirements of actually using it. In many cases if a tuner applies tune file security, requiring you to buy new tunes plus the cost of a VIN license the second hand AutoCal needs to be really cheap to prevent the total cost being in excess of a new unit. It's really a case of buyer beware - the only cost EFILive controls is the VIN license cost - the second hand price of the AutoCal and the value the tuner places on his work is not something we control.

Cheers
Cindy
I get more phone calls about used autocal's than I can count. Almost everyone are exactly the same, "I bought this used efi live and want to get a tune on it, how much is it". 99% of the time they dont know where it came from or who did the tune or anything about an autocal. Then they argue with you when you explain what the autocal is and how it works.