Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default September 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated for this beta test release, you must update both software packages.

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE:
    The EFILive beta software is available to all users. We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. If you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends that beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:

Key Features:

• Controller Authorization to manage heightened security protocols for 2017 GM controllers.
    • The first release of 2017 GM vehicle support including updated E92 Corvette and E82 ECM for LGX 3.6L V6.
    • Changes to Remote Linking/Unlinking of AutoCal.
    • Updated documentation to support recently added features.

Please note, with many new OS's released for 2017 models over several different ECM types, unsupported OS's may take some time to be completed and may not be currently supported in this release.

IMPORTANT:
    The EFILive software version numbers have been updated from: V7.5.7 to V7.5.8 and from V8.2.2 to V8.2.3. That version number change reflects two major compatibility updates:

• The *.ctz and *.coz tune files have been updated.
      Tune files that are saved with version V7.5.8 and later or with version V8.2.3 and later are not compatible with previous software versions. Tune files created with previous software versions are 100% compatible with this latest software version.

• The *.obj read/flash script files have been updated.
      Script files distributed with this software version will not operate on devices with firmware V2.07.103 and earlier. So if you create a *.bbx quick setup file for your customers' AutoCal devices using this software version, then you must ensure that the target AutoCal devices are using firmware V2.07.104 or later.

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.8 Build 311 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    EFILive V8 software: V8.2.3 Build 305 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014
    ) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    Firmware: V2.07.104 (Sep 17, 2016)
    To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue 3:
    The enhanced PID FSST:FCLA (closed loop fuel active) displays the loop status backwards. I.e. it shows open for closed loop and closed for open loop.
    Workaround:
    Use the generic FUELSYS PID instead.

Issue 4:
    DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs with names ending in _M) do not log correct values when using the V8 pass-thru scanner.
    Workaround:
    Use the V7 pass-thru scanner or black box logging to log DMA PIDs.

Issue 5:
    Reading and flashing in the V7 tune tool fails if the V7 scan tool property setting: [Advanced]->Priority is set to anything other than 3.
    Workaround:
    Ensure the property setting [Advanced]->Priority is set to 3.
    Or preferably use the V8 tune tool read/flash options or the standalone BBx read/flash options.

Last edited by Blacky; October 30th, 2016 at 12:50 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Awesome thanks guys!

Now what do I do with this (see below) on a E82 read, car also sais service suspension system after the attempt to read also ?
    Admin: Removed your vehicle data that was posted here

Edit: I found the instructions in the V8 documents for the above authorization process and going to purchase on the site.

Thanks
    Robert
    Last edited by GMPX; September 25th, 2016 at 06:28 PM.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Awesome thanks guys!
    Gee you were quick Robert.
    In future just the Auth-Code is needed when placing the order in the store - Eg - 8LPJ-J73N-D9N7-F1Y8-4LPC-8532 , so just use 'Copy Code'when using the store.All the other fields are just for reference within the software.

With regards to the service suspension warning, I'm not sure what vehicle you have there but we did test this on a 3.6L Camaro and it was ok.
    No doubt it was because the bus went silent briefly. When the real read or flash happens all DTC's get cleared, in the mean time if you manually clear the DTC's yourself the car should be happy again.

The good news is that OS in your car is already mapped and in this release.

Also something we need to make note of in the documentation is if you change computers and want to read or program that same car all you need to do is copy over the completed Authorization code you were just Emailed.
    You can also sync your Auth codes to V2 and AutoCal for standalone reading/flashing of your car.

Regards,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; September 25th, 2016 at 06:36 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Yeah I saw the update and got all excited . It's a 2017 GMC Acadia Denali, I checked for codes and it didn't have any but I will try and clear anyways in the morning if that doesn't work I will try the battery also. Guess if it's still pissed then I will be back here.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Here is a New E82 OS for the list 2017 Acadia Stock_0000.ctz
    Good news the service suspension warning was gone when I went back out for the read, bad news it came back again after the read maybe it just needs a little time for the module to settle down. I will check again tomorrow for it also.

Also thanks for mapping the T43 file I put in the trans forum for this vehicle it now opens, great work guys.

Thanks
    Robert
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Oh I'm sorry to get your hopes up on that OS comment I made, I looked at the E82 Camaro file here which is supported (with my non computer glasses on) and saw the same thing:

12673933 << Camaro LGX
    12679553 << Arcadia LGX

To a guy with bad eyesight that is the same
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

No big deal I wasn't expecting it anyways, would you be willing to post that camaro file though? 😁

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Paul -

I'm still having issues with pass thru logging in V8. Same symptoms as the last update. I attached a trace file. V8_Scan_Connection.txt

I also noticed under OBD status the OS number is now 0. In the full flash status window, the first two digits of the OS are swapped. It reads 35xxxxxx, and it should read 53xxxxxx.
    03 6spd

V7 tunetool Save As is not incrementing the _nnnn at the end of the filename.

Lifetime Member

Doubled checked the car today the service suspension message goes away after it sits for a little bit, not sure why the module would take a while to settle down though.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast