Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Is there a limit to how many channels can be polled when working with the e98?

It seems as soon as you add a 4 channel pid, i have to have almost next to nothing else logged or i get random errors or the logger will just not start or it starts and i get this wonderful pointless error.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e98.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	20258

If i drag a pid from top to bottom a pid that wasnt working will start logging. but other pids get no data.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e98-2.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	20259

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Investigating...
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Is there a limit to how many channels can be polled when working with the e98?
    It seems as soon as you add a 4 channel pid, i have to have almost next to nothing else logged or i get random errors or the logger will just not start or it starts and i get this wonderful pointless error.
    If i drag a pid from top to bottom a pid that wasnt working will start logging. but other pids get no data.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Just adding in, it appears you don't need to add any of the 4 channel dma pids for pids not to work.

Attached is a log, where 2 types of Pedal data would not populate along with engine torque.

Good old DPF regen going on for a good part of it so noticed EGT1 got to 716'C!E98_T43.pld.efi

FYI, someone needs to edit the VB backend to allow PLD files now.

In V7, highlight the PIDs and select Edit->Copy for export to V8, then paste them into V8.

Regards
    Paul

Tuned a 6.7 cmc today. I did not notice any changes in the tune file for rpm limit increases over the release I am running on my other laptop. Is this something that will be added in beta?
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

The Cummins CMC (CM2100) was not worked on during this beta phase. Both the CMD (CM2200) and CME (CM2350B) were.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    In V7, highlight the PIDs and select Edit->Copy for export to V8, then paste them into V8.

Regards
    Paul
    Any particular reason you want me to do this? I just started V8 scan and added in the supported pids from a fresh. I'll do as requested in an hr when i drive home from work though.

Would you like for me to get a sample log from 7.5 at the same time? I can happily use 7.5 for now i was using v8 purely to see the additional vane % & desired boost pids.

Any particular reason you want me to do this? I just started V8 scan and added in the supported pids from a fresh. I'll do as requested in an hr when i drive home from work though.

Would you like for me to get a sample log from 7.5 at the same time? I can happily use 7.5 for now i was using v8 purely to see the additional vane % & desired boost pids.
    Ahh no, sorry. When you posted this:
    I misread that to be "PID files". I was just trying to explain how to copy V7 PID selections into V8 because you can't open *.PID files inV8.

Now I'm not sure what you meant by PLD files. (Plus what do you mean by "the VB backend"?)

Regards
    Paul

It was in reference to the VBB forum software. It doesn't allow you to upload v8 log files. due to the new file extension. :-)

E98-3.pld.efiE98.pld.efie98-v75.efi

If you look at the v8 log files attached, the torque figures are ridiculous/garbage.

Slightly off topic, Can i also ask if we can get the additional injection modes added? I think when the car goes into dpf regen mode it's switching to a different injection mode as on my drive home again it went real doughy and i noticed it was no longer running the injection timing i had set. (tested by setting both my mode 1/2 identical)

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The Cummins CMC (CM2100) was not worked on during this beta phase. Both the CMD (CM2200) and CME (CM2350B) were.
    Are you going to add the rpm limit fix to the CMC (CM2100)?
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast